Vio's YouTube Videos

160 Replies, 110199 Views

This set was the first set to debut any kind of elevated rails, so these rails are the first generation elevated rails. These rails are also included in the newer Asama Opening Commemorative Set (プラレールあさま開業記念セット), the mold was preserved properly. If you form a circle, the new elevated rails are fitting in the inner part of the older elevated rails.

One way to identify old rails: Double concave rail ends, double convex embedded pier connectors. This set lacks 1/16 short straight rails so it is definitely difficult to connect to newer rails, high manufacturing costs means only 1 year of production so there is little information on the net and the likelihood of it appearing in auctions for past 120 days is 1 out of 35 according to statistics.
Thanks Vio

It would be best if one wanted an outside rail to try and nab a rare and sometimes expensive set of the long radius newer type elevated rails with the elevated rail pillar piers with clip on gantry's...at least in my opinion. Do you know of what sets the newer type
they came in?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
There are a lot of sets, too many sets to count. Notable examples are the "高架ステーション 700系ひかりレールスターセット", the "高架レールセット" and some Plarail Advance Sets.
[-] The following 1 user Likes violater's post:
  • Super
Plarail Advance set had them??? I had not seen any of those. As far as I can come up with is three sets that had them in the regular Plarail. This first has always been odd to me as the rails didn't even complete a loop.

[Image: 10080043a.jpg]
[Image: 10074246a.jpg]

[Image: 10123102a2.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Finno
Add in the new Shinkansen Elevated Rail add on set coming in March.
Look for "プラレール アドバンス 超電導リニアL0系 高架レールセット". This is one of them.
For that set, it is actually meant to be a display model. Hence why the gold sign at the bottom and tracks that only fit the train's length.
This plarail advance set had Outer corner.
https://www.amazon.com/Plarail-Advanced-...B014KHTG6W
1976 Hikari and Tohoku Joetsu Shinkansen Differences

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnPSm3_6oCE
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2020, 11:10 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes violater's post:
  • Super
I do love these big nose lights but I have often wondered if the real ones have a red Headlight?
I'm not sure if the real ones have lighted noses at all, Super:

[Image: Shinkansen_Series0_R67_JNRcolor.jpg]
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 2 users Like Mister No's post:
  • Finno, Super
Undecided