Vio's YouTube Videos

160 Replies, 110218 Views

No, not that I have seen. But some designs can have the green as a more bluish green.
(This post was last modified: 10-24-2020, 12:24 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Finno's post:
  • Super
(10-23-2020, 11:03 PM)Finno Wrote: often red will be a check mark (tick) for good and green is a cross for wrong

Never heard of that one before, when and where this originated from?
From when I worked for a Chinese company was often the case on our business documents.
(This post was last modified: 10-24-2020, 07:23 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Finno's post:
  • violater
Narita Airport Set
[-] The following 3 users Like violater's post:
  • chrisjo, MuddyPoppins, Super
Oh, my...that is in remarkable condition for its age. The box top and Styrofoam are excellent. The stickers are perfect too! Doesn't even look like it was played with.

Fantastic, and a childhood dream come true after 29 years...priceless.

This is the first time I have seen that Yellow Train Station with tinted windows, is this only available with this set? Also something I didn't know or haven't seen is that the Planes are interchangeable on the rotating arm. I always thought one was a dummy that was meant to be played with on the ground.

Holy Smokes...how did they do that??? How did they make the planes fly forward no mater which direction the Narita Express Train enters the Airport. I am baffled how they accomplished that.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, violater
Thanks Super.

I remember clearly that the toy shop had 3 of these big boxes but mother had a negative feeling of bringing big things home because our rooms are small and not much income during that time. Things changed over the years and the stuff we brought home are generally getting bigger and bigger. It was a relief that an empty hole of my childhood is filled after 29 years, really.

Yes, the station with tinted windows is exclusive to the set. Since the 1st generation airport set, the planes were interchangeable but there are mold differences below each plane from the generations.

[Image: HcMY4Jh.png]

The first generation airport set is unidirectional, but the Narita's is omnidirectional thanks to the additional gears on the drive rod. Every time the drive rod rotates, the gear in the opposite direction of the drive will move up and down the rod due to the jagged teeth on the sides and recoil from the springs to reset to original position.

[Image: qywWYQp.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like violater's post:
  • chrisjo, DuckGWR, Super
A genius engineering feat. Thanks for taking it apart to show us Vio. In the first generation the is unidirectional, would the plane fly backwards if the train entered from the wrong direction?
As it is only 1 direction, the plane wont fly. The mechanism to stop the train will just be deactivated to let the train pass.
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2020, 08:58 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes violater's post:
  • Super
That makes sense now that you say it. Thanks Vio
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • violater
The fifth vintage layout: Abandoned Train Yard

I feel like becoming a villain sometime.
[-] The following 6 users Like violater's post:
  • bijomaru78, DuckGWR, Mister No, MuddyPoppins, Super, Tharazero1