Not Sure!!!

8 Replies, 6557 Views

Not sure about what I am going to do with these as I am not too fond of the EF65 or any Electric Freight engines for that matter and after watching several videos on YouTube my views on the long car carriers have certainly changed. Until I can come to grips with my thoughts I will leave these in their box.

[Image: DSCN0160.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • chrisjo
I have to say those car transporters do look very basic and not very attractive in red either. I can also see how a long wagon like that is going to cause on some layouts as it will hang across the corner and catch anything sticking up that is too close to the curve. May even have some issues negotiating some tunnels I would suspect if there is a corner close to them. It's a shame in some ways as it would have been nice to see some similar length passenger coaches as they would then have been more like the scale length they should be Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
I guess the color red for the transport is because the real one is red as seen on the side of the box.

[Image: DSCN0163.jpg]
or you can flip them on ebay.
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super
The original is called a Ku5000. Note the loading ramps in the bottom left picture.
<center><table>
<tr><td>[Image: image.png]</td>
<td>[Image: image.png]</td></tr>
<tr><td>[Image: image.png]</td>
<td>[Image: image.png]</td></tr>
</table></center>
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • Mister No, Super
is there a ramp that connects the rolling stock together or do they have to shun one out of the way everything one is finish off loading?
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
  • Super
I suspect that's what the things in the top left picture are, they will fold down and connect to the next wagon. By having them just on one side, it doesn't matter which way round the next wagon is, they will always connect.

Edit: Looking more closely at my top right picture, I think it is computer-generated, so don't base any assumptions on it!
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2020, 11:22 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
Thanks for the pictures Dr Chris and for answering Leylands query about connecting as I also was curious. In the pictures, In addition to being very long it looks like they would connect very close to each other too. Wonder if those trucks also have some form of articulation?
some of the car carrier freight trains in North America has an articulated joint (2 cars max) with a plastic looking accordian like the ones you see on the articulated buses.  It is not very popular as I rarely see them.
  • Super