RC Engines!

10 Replies, 9934 Views

I recently purchased a HIT Toys RC Percy and it got me thinking. Why don't we discuss the RC engines? They have a lot worth talking about!
The shining foxtaur who loves trains and plarail! JR SOCIETY!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ConrailFoxtaur5605's post:
  • Super
I haven't had much of any experience with the Thomas & Friends type R/C Trains. I think I had played with one of the big pistol grip ones many years ago and remember it being very responsive. I haven't heard anyone speak of the ones with the little palm size controllers. What I do have some experience with is the Mr Motorman's which is a a good design and can make any train an R/C. The only thing I wish the Mr Motorman's would be is quicker response times. I do like my newer one that uses a rechargeable AA sized receiver  and a additional C sized adapter. I also have a large Dashboard type Plarail/Tomy type train but wish it had faster response times to. I am wondering if both these are infrared and a digital would improve the speed.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • ConrailFoxtaur5605
I have a large amount of these R/C engines and remotes. The only one I cannot get to work is Hiro, however I was able to get one of his remotes to light up after I replaced the battery contacts. Also just found 2 flip face Hiros. Luckily battery compartments were clean and the flip levers work.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Romanspoppop61's post:
  • Super
Where those Hiro's the Lost & Found versions?
(04-03-2020, 07:53 PM)Super Wrote: Where those Hiro's the Lost & Found versions?

The only such Hiro was the talking HiT Toys one (which wasn't RC), so the RC version is in his normal (restored) state.
Does anyone know where I can find a 3 Speed R/C Thomas available for sale? If so, please let me know.
[-] The following 1 user Likes fruitbat1001's post:
  • Super
have to check out ebay?  It will be expensive.
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super
I didn't see any being sold alone when I looked, but I'll keep an eye out for one in a lot.

Funny, I seem to remember them sitting unsold for a while back in the day, and now they're pretty pricey it seems.
I have a website where I have been writing about and photographing many of the sets and pieces that I find interesting.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DuckGWR's post:
  • Super
Forgive my Thomas ignorance but is there a regular R/C Thomas and a 3 Speed or are all the R/C Thomas's the same?
There's a couple of HiT Toys RC Thomas', one flip face and one regular face - well, regular in that it didn't flip, it had a different face from a normal Thomas. Mattel later continued making the regular faced one but dropped the white running plate. Then there were the 3 speed RC Thomas', I believe one with and one without clouds. I'm still a little unsure about the clouds vs no clouds 3 speeds, but I seem to remember someone having a video talking about them - maybe ucwepn? I've seen Gordon and James without clouds online I think, I'm not sure about Thomas. Then late in original Trackmaster they did an RC Thomas that was self contained, instead of needing a trailing truck to hold the batteries like the previous ones. This one had a simplified remote, not the big pistol grip type remotes of the others. The pistol grip ones have backwards when held, forwards when held, and forwards that clicks into place for controls, the later one just has forward and back buttons, and the 3 speed engines just have 3 forward settings with increasing speed
I have a website where I have been writing about and photographing many of the sets and pieces that I find interesting.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DuckGWR's post:
  • Super