Hot Wheels Thomas the Tank Engine

12 Replies, 8200 Views

Well there has been talk of this model coming this year, I originally heard it was going to be a Japanese exclusive.  However it has turned out to be globally available - or at least we can get it here as well as Japan lol!  So having finally found one I thought I would share some pictures of it with you, I've even gone and opened it for its photo-shoot, something most HW collectors don't normally do unless they have more than one (which I don't yet).  But I wanted to share as it is quite a lovely little model if a bit 'different'...

[Image: IMG-20200207-153853.jpg]
[Image: IMG-20200207-184344.jpg]
[Image: IMG-20200207-184356.jpg]
[Image: IMG-20200207-184421.jpg][Image: IMG-20200207-184448.jpg]

One thing that is interesting when you get to see these shots of it out of its package is that there seems to be a 'socket' on the back which hints that maybe in the future there may be other rolling stock such as Annie and Claribel to come.  Anyone heard anything about a potential HW set maybe?!?
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
Wow...Hot Wheels and Thomas? Has there been any other Hot Wheels Thomas related vehicles? It looks like he has a type of coupling in the rear that may take rolling stock, might there be plans for that?

I can't read the text above him...is this really advertised as Thomas with the rights to his image or just a vague look alike without the financial obligation?

BTW Nigels...have you been busy with work as we miss you around here?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
nice one, nigels! one i will be picking up several of, along with a few others from that case, in particular the rubber ducky car. would love to see rolling stock and this repainted as other characters. it could work for any as doesnt need to keep to a specific engine class.

super, it will be legit thomas merchandise. hotwheels is produced by mattel, of whom fisher-price is part of, and they own the rights to thomas and friends.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • Super
(02-07-2020, 07:11 PM)Super Wrote: Wow...Hot Wheels and Thomas? Has there been any other Hot Wheels Thomas related vehicles? It looks like he has a type of coupling in the rear that may take rolling stock, might there be plans for that?

I can't read the text above him...is this really advertised as Thomas with the rights to his image or just a vague look alike without the financial obligation?

BTW Nigels...have you been busy with work as we miss you around here?

On the top of the card is the 'normal' Thomas and Friends logo and as Fisher Price (aka Mattel) have the world wide rights (minus Japan) to the Thomas franchise I can see potentially the range growing.  Now here's a thought, maybe they are going to drop 'Take and Play' and merge it instead into the Hot Wheels stable, I would think there is plenty of scope for 'stunt' type Thomas hot wheels etc...

You're dead right I've not been so active on here of late, that is partly due to work, partly due to my Mother's health having been a bit iffy and having to spend time at doctors and hospital etc... getting her treated.  So I'm still around, just not with as much time available as normal Sad
So sorry to hear about your Mothers ills Nigel. I know exactly what you are going through having to help with aging parents.
Thanks Super, but it is what it is, got to take care of family first Smile
  • Super
BTW following on from the discussion here's a picture of the packaging Thomas came on (I had to rescue it from the trash having opened it lol!)

As you can clearly see it has the familiar FP 'Thomas and Friends' logo as well as the '75th anniversary' logo.  I would say the odds are high that this won't be the only release...

[Image: IMG-20200208-174025-2.jpg]
  • Super
Thanks Nigel. Does the '3/10' mean that this is only the third of ten in the Thomas series? "Loco Motorin" I like that Smile
The 3/10 refers to the 'HW Metro' series as shown in the flash down the left hand edge.  That covers mainly things like trucks and utility vehicles for the most part, although as you know there are always 'fantasy' type vehicles in the HW mainline series.  Whether there are more Thomas stuff to come this year (or next) I'm not sure, but I could definitely see a good cross-over there as it would pull Thomas fans into HW and vice-a-versa Smile
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2020, 08:01 AM by Super.)
  • Super
the 3/10 relates to the series in which thomas has been released [HW metro] so there are 9 other cars this year within that metro theme.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • Super