1985 L Limited Express Block Bridge Girder Set

4 Replies, 4593 Views

This set was extracted from the Plarail junkyard, there was no internet release of the set's assembled layout until 20 hours ago. Our group member released the first internet release of this set's layout. Forgive me, the background is pixelated and replacement parts are used.

[Image: EQMbrh-AUUAAXu-QI.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes violater's post:
  • Off The Rails
Oh, wow...whenever I had seen a picture of the front of this box I thought it was the front pf a Plarail Catalog...didn't know it was a set.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Yes it looks like a catalogue, laughs. Most sets like these are made during the Odoriko period. So when the set was found to have L Express, it was a big disappointment as a set in that period. So the result is that no one actually bought the set and new sets are sought after collectors who were collecting during the Odoriko period, and these portion of collectors are like 0.05% of the entire collector population. That is why this set is so little known.
[-] The following 2 users Like violater's post:
  • chrisjo, Super
I can understand why.  You can replicate this same set using parts from else where.
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super
Of course, we took parts out of other sets to build this set because the original parts are broken (thus why it came from a junkyard). All parts are of 100% complete as per inventory, we also have the original box.
[-] The following 1 user Likes violater's post:
  • Super