Amtrak Set

7 Replies, 5480 Views

So I found this on Facebook Marketplace for $60 and couldn't resist. The description said it came with a substitute train but he would throw in the original if requested. Of course I requested it! I found out why he didn't originally offer the Amtrak train. The on-off switch on the engine is broken off. Hoping to replace it with one from other engines I have if I can find the right fit. If not, maybe I can get one 3D printed. The rest of the layout was complete as you can see. I'm very happy with it. Can't wait to incorporate some of the elements into other layouts.
[Image: Amtrak.jpg]
[-] The following 5 users Like Engineer Bob's post:
  • AOF04, Mister No, MuddyPoppins, Nigels, Super
Very Jealous.  I would just be happy for the train, but the whole lot, Awesome.
Well done
[-] The following 1 user Likes AOF04's post:
  • Super
Great set Bob, well done mate Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
the motor is compatiable with engines with similar design. you can swap out the old motor
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super
Awesome price Bob. The Amtrak train itself goes for more than you paid for the set. Now you will have tons of risers to elevate your next Xmas Layout. Smile

The on/off switch is very easy to replace. Let us know if we can help.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
Thanks everyone. Super, yes I was excited to get all of the risers. Up to this point I've only had a few. Looking forward to some multi-level designs
Great score!!
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Super
I wish Plarail would make more American rolling stock! Missed opportunity right there.
The shining foxtaur who loves trains and plarail! JR SOCIETY!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ConrailFoxtaur5605's post:
  • Super