Dark Grey Mini Girder - J-15

8 Replies, 6806 Views

Does anyone know where to find the dark grey version of J-15? I have a few but want to get more and I have no idea what set they are from or where to search for them.

Looks like this one:

[Image: j15b-5.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Finno's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
Those are actually the light grey ones that come with the Thomas & Terrence Log loading set.
[Image: 03-CF39-DD-F83-F-4348-81-D3-BA71744-ED63-B.jpg]
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Finno
I have had many of these Dark Grey risers including the 3" ones but usually bought them Lots in the Japan Auctions and don't know exactly which sets they came in but will look around.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Finno, MuddyPoppins
Would you get them in the elevated track sets?  If not there was also that other grey track set available in Japan, but can't remember the name of that...
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • Finno, Super
I think the Elevated Risers would be light gray. Maybe a look at the Plarail Advance which has darker track.
So far, the only set I can think of that has the Dark Gray tracks is the D51 Steam and Sound Set but it doesn't have any risers in it. The search goes on.
Which Super Sleuth Member will be the first to crack the case??? [Image: detective-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Finno, MuddyPoppins
Dark grey usually comes with steam thomas set. Only 4 in per set. There is thomas and Elizabeth japanese set. It comes with 13 i think. Ill have check as i have it.
[-] The following 3 users Like drew5195's post:
  • Finno, MuddyPoppins, Super
[Image: tomy-thomas-elizabeth-road-crossing-1-4b...e57351.jpg]

There is 14. Got that wrong. Another set i can think is tomy calling all engine set. There 6 in it.
[-] The following 3 users Like drew5195's post:
  • Finno, MuddyPoppins, Super
(03-15-2020, 07:16 PM)Muddy Poppins Wrote: Those are actually the light grey ones that come with the Thomas & Terrence Log loading set.

You are precisely correct and I didn't realise there were two shades of grey riser. I was looking for the dark one not the light grey one.

(03-16-2020, 07:16 AM)drew5195 Wrote: Dark grey usually comes with steam thomas set. Only 4 in per set. There is thomas and Elizabeth japanese set. It comes with 13 i think. Ill have check as i have it.

Wow - I think you nailed it. I am guessing they were included on some other Thomas sets sold here in Australia  because I picked mine up in a used box of track and I only have 4.

I really like the look of them combined with the light grey elevated track. And just when I was scratching my head wondering where to find some the universe responded to me (with eBay of course):

[Image: s-l1600.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Finno's post:
  • Super