Monorail Advice

26 Replies, 19779 Views

ok, so I have isolated it not to the switch, but to what looks like a resistor, but it only has two bands.  Maybe a diode?.  it was under the black rubber between the terminal and the switch See red arrow.  If I bypass it, everything works... but I would assume they put it here for a reason?
any thoughts?  I do freely admit that while I know a little bit about circuits and definitely more than I knew a couple of months ago, I'm still a novice at best!

[Image: D92_AF8_AC-2_EF6-4_CAA-87_AA-_DA14_BE2_BE11_A_note.jpg]      [Image: monorail_diode_resistor.jpg]

Gracias gents.
I wonder if there is a way a Multi-Meter could be used to tell how much resistant there is so you would know what to buy? Hopefully a member comes by and helps you out.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Any update on this Kmott?
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
still TBD.  I still have the thing in pieces and its on the list of stuff to fix.  in the meantime I bought a cool 'junk' hanging one from Jauce and that one works great!

[Image: 013509e68b3086e288d1170f5db9175485ab4866ed.jpg] the only issue was no battery cover

[Image: 01f88127422b17876f56232e8caf750ea4bbf9d4d8.jpg]nothing a little electrical tape cant fix!
[-] The following 1 user Likes kmott's post:
  • Super
That blue hanger is my favorite. Hmmm, I would think a battery cover would be a great candidate for a 3D printed copy. Wonder if Sir Nigels would be interested. Mine are all stored away but here is a quick question as I have forgot...is the battery cover screwed down or just have a clip molded into the cover that snaps it into place?
Question.  Can a bridge support both under-rail monorail systems and over-rail Plarail Monorails at the same time?
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super
Sure...as long as you use the Tall under rail risers with the over rail clips on the top

[Image: Untdditled.jpg]