» Replies: 571
» Views: 159083
Broken Axlecog
Last Post: Vio
04-06-2020 05:14 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 829

Unrecorded Phantom Gems
I love that bus Vio. I am not sure I have seen this exact one but I do recall seeing the people graphics through the windows which I think was cool.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Vio
You have seen the white bus, the yellow bus origin and packaging is very unknown at the moment.
Both buses have tin windows and plastic bodies, sharing the same chassis as the original black electric plastic train 1961.
Thank you for your efforts, Vio. This bus looks really great! And so special with the tin windows...
It would look great together with another "gem" ChinChin Toden 8000.
Just imagine this two little beauties together! wow!
[Image: 1111.png][Image: ESzuwom-Uc-Acucg-E.jpg]
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 2 users Like Mister No's post:
  • Muddy Poppins, Finno
Don't just thank me. Our team are always hard at work 12 hours everyday doing research so it is a group effort to find information of such dangerously scarce Plarail!
[-] The following 3 users Like Vio's post:
  • Super, Mister No, chrisjo
ふくせんステーションセット (Automatic Double Track Station Set, Early Hikari-Go Mark Era)

There are other sets like this that were released in 1968, but this box is not recorded in BigLobe Plarail Musuem. This one is released in 1970, not sure when it ceased production. It came with the 超特急ひかり号 (1970 Super Express Hikari, Round Nose). Green man made it's appearance from the commercial, this time the platform has no rotating green man (although the one in CM has rotating green man). This comes with white stoppers, yellow platform and opaque red roof.

[Image: i-img640x480-15843342123gsh7b765338.jpg][Image: i-img640x480-1584334212ui20rn769521.jpg]
  • Super, Mister No, Finno
That is a neat Station for its time. Seems like they are not hard to find but a lot of them that become available are broken in some way.

Question: Does the Signal Tower perform an action and if so, is that action Automatic or Manual?
They have been around auctions fairly frequently this time, but the price range is quite high. And yes mostly broken roofs and missing friction wheels.

That looks like both automatic and manual. See the black lever just below the stand, it seems that the train will pass it and change the colour of the lamp. Manual because the yellow lever looks like it can be moved by hand. This kind of signal towers are very rare and found in older sets.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vio's post:
  • Super
Until now, we have seen the brown D-51 single train box, but the blue box is not recorded and I have forgotten to place it here.
This is in front of our Taizen book booth in Comiket, and this is the only known source of such a D-51. Our team made full efforts together to bid on this one, ending at around 30000 yen. This box is the 4th generation box, 1978-1980 only, 4th generation is said to be the hardest box to find out of all the listed 6 generations.
Again as usual about the D-51, the train is not valuable, but this time the box carries 99.5% of the entire value.
Other known blue single item boxes in this generation are Underground Train, DD-51, Oufuku EF-66, Shindai Express, EF-58 (turquoise due to discolouration?).

[Image: EBwv-Enl-UEAYedo-Z.jpg]
1000 yen per book, not per train
  • Finno, Super, Muddy Poppins
Wow, will you look at that. It comes with its own display stand with a special track piece, very cool. That blue box reminds me of that other vintage release line of track accessories but cant remember its name.  I have a tunnel in that line that is gray and green unlike the usual Tomy tunnel that are brown and green. They still look funny to me without its Tender.

Thanks Vio, very interesting.
The display stand and the rail is purposely cut off by us, both not included. This blue is different in such a way where 7 types of trains silhouette are printed on the box. (making it a 4th generation box)

In fact most D-51 during that time have no tenders, the only one with a real tender are Benkei and C62.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vio's post:
  • Super