Continuation of BigLobe Plarail Museum

256 Replies, 170440 Views

Do you remember this Thread Vio?

Shuttle Train
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • violater
Of course, I'll be happy to update the layout there.
[-] The following 1 user Likes violater's post:
  • Super
Thats okay, I thought you may have forgot (like me) when you asked "what is this set" above
  • violater
@ Super: The Chinchin Toden 8000 Set is sadly not mine, it's Vio's photo from the previous page... But it's truly exceptional; tram with trolley poles, the special overpass... just beautiful!
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
Honourable Mentions 5: 

Gray Slope Rail 2005

This slope rail was only distributed in extremely small quantities during the Plarail Expo in 2005. It is said to be a lottery prize in that Expo only. It became out of print after the event was over, the lifespan was only 2 Plarail Expos in that year. The remaining rails were not distributed to Plarail Shops unlike today's Plarail Expo trains. These rails come in a clear polybag with gray piers and other rails (looks like the new elevated straight rails). It is by far the hardest event item to get along with the black coloured event items (like the pedestrian crossing and some boxcars). Rarity is growing at a highly exponential rate, the number of new and sealed bags are estimated to be 7-8 now.

[Image: c764507782-1.jpg][Image: 111.jpg][Image: 222.jpg]

The final 2 images are from the only auction this year to exhibit these rails.
[-] The following 1 user Likes violater's post:
  • Super
(04-05-2020, 05:57 PM)Mister No Wrote: @ Super: The Chinchin Toden 8000 Set is sadly not mine, it's Vio's photo from the previous page... But it's truly exceptional; tram with trolley poles, the special overpass... just beautiful!

And none of us knew until today who bought it, because the post will automatically go viral if the collector revealed himself.
(04-05-2020, 05:59 PM)Vio Wrote: Honourable Mentions 5: 

Gray Slope Rail 2005

This slope rail was only distributed in extremely small quantities during the Plarail Expo in 2005. It is said to be a lottery prize in that Expo only. It became out of print after the event was over, the lifespan was only 2 Plarail Expos in that year. The remaining rails were not distributed to Plarail Shops unlike today's Plarail Expo trains. These rails come in a clear polybag with gray piers and other rails (looks like the new elevated straight rails). It is by far the hardest event item to get along with the black coloured event items (like the pedestrian crossing and some boxcars). Rarity is growing at a highly exponential rate, the number of new and sealed bags are estimated to be 7-8 now.

Thanks Vio, I have obtained several of these grey sloped rails from the Japan auctions but didn't know  where they came from and never saw the packaging. I would like to add that there is also one of these along with exclusive sloped curve rails in the Tomica World RC set 7436. Not sure if the grey tracked one was released in the States, UK or Australia. Tomica World made 2 of these 7436 Remote Controled sets with the big dashboard controllers but the other set had blue rails. The grey track one is much harder to find. I was lucky enough to buy many of these sets in the US Ebay when I was amassing all grey rails which leads me to believe that the grey railed set was US and the blue rail set the UK.

This set also has a hand full of rare grey sloped 'A' curves that I believe were only available in this set any where in the world, not even Japan although please correct me if I am wrong. I had thought that there was one other set that a grey sloped rail was in but I can't recall it from the top of my head.

[Image: 35.jpg]

[Image: 001.jpg]
  • violater
The blue set is actually fairly common, I'll need to put the blue one on hold at the moment.

The grey set is very much welcome, those grey curves and slope rail are much more difficult to find than the blue set itself.

I find that both sets have slightly different layout plans, that is quite an interesting story.
Top tier phantom gems of Plarail:

Phantom Gem 58: 電動羽田線モノレールセット Haneda Monorail Set

Sorry that it is not a Plarail, similar case as the Ferry Boat, SHUTTLE TRAIN and the Yuuenchi. It is a sister product of Plarail. Since it has also appeared in Plarail advertisements, we introduce it here.

[Image: a76fc107d3a6f129fcd6d6de6b5a9d625d18e002-70-2-9-2.jpg]

This is the very first monorail set by TOMY. It is described as "幻中の幻" meaning that it is the definitive phantom of all phantom gems, it is a very high voltage electric monorail made out of tin, this set somewhat shaped the Hikari Monorail Set's monorail system. It does not have a ST mark, so it was released before the implementation of toy safety standards. Manufactured in 1964, and it is said to vanish the same year it was manufactured, similar story of the Chinchin Densha Set and the C12-Rotary Snowplough Set (although 1973). We are not too sure about the actual details of the set, but these were taken directly from auction sites. Little detail is known and research material is difficult to obtain.

[Image: i-img1200x1200-1581157076a5psig246597.jpg][Image: i-img1200x1200-1581157076oab520246597.jpg][Image: i-img1200x1200-15811570760plykv246597.jpg][Image: i-img1200x1200-15811570760uxe8f246597.jpg]

Phantom Gem 59: プラ電動ハイウェイバスセット Plastic Highway Bus Set

Believe or not, universal research is still being conducted by everyone around the world. No one knows where it came about. This could possibly be the origin of the yellow highway bus. There is a joke that if one finds explainable evidence and enough leading information, he can win a noble prize.

[Image: 555.png][Image: e014819a8293d7989b19e8b2c8fe1a136299aca7-70-2-9-2.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like violater's post:
  • Finno, Super
Where do those fuzzy monochrome photos come from?
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • Finno, Super