Continuation of BigLobe Plarail Museum

256 Replies, 170415 Views

(04-05-2020, 05:59 PM)Vio Wrote: Honourable Mentions 5: 

Gray Slope Rail 2005

This slope rail was only distributed in extremely small quantities during the Plarail Expo in 2005. It is said to be a lottery prize in that Expo only. It became out of print after the event was over, the lifespan was only 2 Plarail Expos in that year. The remaining rails were not distributed to Plarail Shops unlike today's Plarail Expo trains. These rails come in a clear polybag with gray piers and other rails (looks like the new elevated straight rails). It is by far the hardest event item to get along with the black coloured event items (like the pedestrian crossing and some boxcars). Rarity is growing at a highly exponential rate, the number of new and sealed bags are estimated to be 7-8 now.

Thanks Vio, I have obtained several of these grey sloped rails from the Japan auctions but didn't know  where they came from and never saw the packaging. I would like to add that there is also one of these along with exclusive sloped curve rails in the Tomica World RC set 7436. Not sure if the grey tracked one was released in the States, UK or Australia. Tomica World made 2 of these 7436 Remote Controled sets with the big dashboard controllers but the other set had blue rails. The grey track one is much harder to find. I was lucky enough to buy many of these sets in the US Ebay when I was amassing all grey rails which leads me to believe that the grey railed set was US and the blue rail set the UK.

This set also has a hand full of rare grey sloped 'A' curves that I believe were only available in this set any where in the world, not even Japan although please correct me if I am wrong. I had thought that there was one other set that a grey sloped rail was in but I can't recall it from the top of my head.

[Image: 35.jpg]

[Image: 001.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • violater

Messages In This Thread
RE: Continuation of BigLobe Plarail Musuem - by Super - 04-05-2020, 07:10 PM