Another Unusual Tack Piece

19 Replies, 14378 Views

Found this yesterday on that Japanese site that had the outer double curve piece;

[Image: IMG-20200328-211748.jpg]
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Nigels's post:
  • DalaGStanator, MuddyPoppins, Super
You don't see one of these everyday. Thats a wild imagination. Big Grin
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
HA! Now we can run over the coronavirus from all eight directions. If we'll have enough trains passing over these without colliding, the plague might die out sooner than we've all come to think.
This printed track is concerning me getting 3D printer. So i can play around printing tracks. No shop is open except supermarket as lock down here so ill have to wait. I'm working during lock down so i can wait.
Definitely 3D printed, the octagon in the middle have unequal sides lengths.
I had a feeling this wouldn't be a real item (even though it somewhat resembles the single engine turntable, the closest thing I'm familiar with). The other components don't look fully symmetrical either, but it would still function.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DalaGStanator's post:
  • Super
very interesting concept.
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super
Maybe I should have specifically said it was 3D printed, but I thought refering to the outer radius dual track pieces Super found the other week would have been enough lol

This was a downloadable 3D file I found on a Japanese 3D printing site that also carried the outer radius dual track piece, I only found it purely because I'd had to create an ID on said site to download the dual track and this was listed on a mail shot they sent me a few days ago.  I subsequently downloaded this and printed it more out of curiosity than anything and because it did peak my interest on whether it would potentially offer connection possibilities to give people a wider range of track layouts than currently available Smile

Anyway so there we go, Japan being the home of PlaRail I'll be keeping an eye on that site and see if I can figure out how to search it to see what other items and possible gems it carries Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
[Image: s-l1600a.jpg]
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super
Those are some pretty sharp turns. Does a train make it through them Leyland without derailing?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]