Plarail Expo this Year?????

15 Replies, 6746 Views

Except the Snow Country Set and the 10000 Tokyo Monorail, all others are sold in normal Plarail Shops. Other retailers do not have them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes violater's post:
  • Super
I may be confusing the Plarail Expo 'Announcing' of new trains with Show exclusives. I do like the 10000 Monorail because Plarail fixed the 'wobble' of their previous 'over the rail' monorails but at the sacrifice of the monorail being unable to navigate the monorail slopes.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • violater
Does it happen to Disney Monorail? I know it happens to the 2000 Monorail.
I think the older style (wobble) Disney Monorails could handle the slopes but not the 2 latest ones. I am saying this because just looking at the couplings between cars, they are larger ones like the 10000 which restricted the bend enough that the drive wheel raised off the rail. I say this as a guess because I didn't try the 2 new Disney's on the slopes although I don't know why I didn't when I had them out. There are YouTube videos showing the older style Disney's on the slopes but now I am questioning my old mind and have to find them to make sure.

I was really disappointed that the 10000 couldn't handle the slopes because I incorporated the monorail tracks in my large floor Layout where the rail was elevated but sloped down to a 'station' to pick up passengers. I went to all the time in adding that to the layout and was really bummed that when it went on its maiden voyage it stopped at the slopes.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • violater
* Good grief *
There is no space for the connector to move up and down. When I held it vertically, the monorail seems to wiggle only left and right so I knew that was a limitation. I don't really like the monorails because they are just plain slow and getting the rails and piers are expensive, hard to find alone and a pain to implement in layouts.
I could of gotten those troublesome vans. I would of used them in my series.
Making Customs, Filming Videos and looking for the purest engines. That's how I roll here on Blue Plastic Tracks.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/TB90Prod2