Normal Plarail Motor RPM

5 Replies, 4028 Views

I might think about swapping the motors of some of my Fisher Price Engines so they can go at normal Plarail Speed.

What's the RPM of a typical Plarail motor? 

I don't want to go with anything powerful, just average. I might think about buying a pack of them on ebay.
Making Customs, Filming Videos and looking for the purest engines. That's how I roll here on Blue Plastic Tracks.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/TB90Prod2
[-] The following 1 user Likes Trainboy90 Productions's post:
  • Super
RPM's of a typical Plarail motor? That would be a hard question to answer as there are many and with variables. The best way would be to test the the speed of an existing little motor removed from its gearbox and tested with a battery hooked up directly.

The variables would be in the gear boxes themselves as each specific configuration of gearing housed between the little motor and the axle can affect the speed of the wheels either higher of lower. Its a coincidence that you have brought this up now as I was just thinking about testing testing a whole bunch of little motors I have loose because I would want to slow down the newly released Tokyo Sakura Trolley because they look to be too fast for a Trolley imo. I picked up a couple of these Hotwheel Speed Reader cars  a few years ago for this very reason after viewing Ucwepn's video below. BTW: don't we all miss his videos? Its important to note that I don't believe you can take the actual number reading of this speed test as literal. I would just use the results as a number relative to each test I do on each little motor in order to list them from slow to fast. I would also suggest using a AA battery holder with alligator clips for getting accurate test results compared to each other and using the same battery.

There is also a video below from ToysTrainsThings that shows the side by side comparisons of some of the different replacement motors available a few years ago which are probably still available today.

Hope any of this helps

[Image: 413p-NMq-Zi-SL.jpg]

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
I did mention before in a thread to use Mabuchi Motor (Type 130 Motors), this is a very common motor even outside Japan. It is the same specifications as normal Plarail motors.
[-] The following 1 user Likes violater's post:
  • Super
Thanks Vio
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • violater
If I'm looking for the type 130 motors on Ebay, what do I search?

I found motors by Topoox with 15000 RPM, is that normal speed or is it too fast?
Making Customs, Filming Videos and looking for the purest engines. That's how I roll here on Blue Plastic Tracks.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/TB90Prod2
[-] The following 1 user Likes Trainboy90 Productions's post:
  • Super
Try 8000 RPM first, then try 15000 RPM. Depends on motor torque. Those ones with blue and white ends look fine to me.
[-] The following 1 user Likes violater's post:
  • Super