Daisy Wrapping Train

6 Replies, 5690 Views

Here's an interesting modification of a standard (Gordon's) express coach using a Revolution chassis and a printed Daisy wrapping..

It's on eBay UK today.

[Image: image.png]   [Image: image.png]   [Image: image.png]   [Image: image.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • DalaGStanator
Well thats certainly unusual. You say its an Express Coaches frame and they use a Trackmaster II chassis and motor? I would like to see the bottom and how they attach the motor chassis to the shell. Wonder what the body is made of, cardboard?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
No, they've used a complete coach, not just the frame, cut a slot in the roof, and put a paper wrapping on it. The body is the original plastic. Another picture..

[Image: image.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2020, 01:39 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
Now I see, they did have to move the center post from the middle to the rear but I don't see any connection points for the motor/chassis so I guess the shell only rests on top. Thanks Dr Chris.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Interesting concept. Would it be easier to use harvey's breakdown coach instead?

Do you have the link to the posting?
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
(07-03-2020, 02:44 PM)leylandvictory2 Wrote: Do you have the link to the posting?

Just put 392859793494 in the eBay search box.
I knew this looked familiar going by the lighting, style and environment. She was made by GBHtrain, who made several customs and mods like this for both TOMY/TrackMaster and H0/00 (ranging from repaints to rebuilds). I used to be in touch with him when I was on Deviantart, and I showed his Ashima here three years ago. The previous version of his Daisy was literally "just" the coach with the front coupling removed. Didn't recall him selling any of them before, though.
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2023, 01:40 PM by DalaGStanator.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes DalaGStanator's post:
  • Super