New 3D Engine Shell

16 Replies, 12811 Views

Just saw this online, another 3D printed train shell that fits on an EH500 chassis;

3D Diesel
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
the shell is a big too big it is partially blocking the coupling.
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
It's probably too big
Making Customs, Filming Videos and looking for the purest engines. That's how I roll here on Blue Plastic Tracks.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/TB90Prod2
All you need is the old version of scruff the scruncher and his bizarrely long coupler and you’d be in business!
Judging by the position of the on/off switch, it's also going to be way too high to pass beneath any standard bridge pillar.
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
I don't know about the dimensions, I only found it online and thought I'd share the link with you guys.  I may print it just to have a look, sometimes pictures don't tell the whole truth Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
Ok, I printed the model and the size is a bit bigger (i.e. wider) than usual, but looking at the internal space it looks like it would fit on some PlaRail chasis, Chris would you like to test it out if I send it to you?

[Image: IMG-20200504-232835.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20200504-232845.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20200504-232903.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
(05-04-2020, 10:41 PM)Nigels Wrote: Chris would you like to test it out if I send it to you?
Do bears s**t in the woods? Shy
PM me your address mate and I'll get it in the post to you...
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2020, 09:58 AM by Super.)
"Fits EH500 Kintaro".  Depends how you define 'fit' really. It fits where it touches but that's about as far as it goes!

It's a nice clean print, though very heavy on the filament (extremely thick walls).  Thanks for the opportunity to have a look at it Nigels.

[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super