Shipping woes

66 Replies, 44008 Views

Well, If anyone remember how excited I was to have won one of those new Tokyo Metro Sakura Tram 9000 at auction nearly 3 weeks ago, I am now equally disappointed with the auction house’s lack of accountability.
After a cat and mouse game for the past 4 days, I am only left with this post to vent my frustration.
These are my messages (in blue) and their response in white.
It begins and is read from the bottom to the top.

[Image: C4-B0-EFC3-9292-42-E5-B0-E3-1-D73-BE5-B990-F.jpg][/url
[url=https://postimg.cc/069f7p49][Image: 64193-B1-F-D998-4-E62-BEF9-2-E65584-C8-FAC.jpg]

[Image: 64193-B1-F-D998-4-E62-BEF9-2-E65584-C8-FAC.jpg]

[Image: C4-B0-EFC3-9292-42-E5-B0-E3-1-D73-BE5-B990-F.jpg]
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
I completely understand Muddy as I ordered the same train through Japamart and the Japan auctions but before you did. My package was accepted by Japan Post on April 14th and is still there. I wish I had the train but no big deal as its not like I don't have other trains to play with. Big Grin

It must have been just before this date that there planes stopped because my Black Cat train that I also got from the Japan Auctions through Japamart was accepted by the Japan Post on April 4th and was delivered to me on April 14th. So even though it took longer, 10 days than normal EMS takes I was happy it arrived in these crazy times.

Also I ordered an item through Amazon USA which I was fooled on because I wasn't aware what I purchased was coming from China but I was happy that it was shipped through DHL as they accepted the package on April 14th and it arrived 3 days later on the 17th.

I am also waiting on another item that I was fooled on again from AliExpress. I found a seller that had masks and within the listing they said that the USA orders from a location in the States. Wanting to make sure I contacted them to ask the question that they in fact are shipping from the States through the United States Postal Service and they said yes. They shipped very quickly and when the Tracking they gave wasn't one that the USPS uses I contacted them to ask why and they gave me a USPS number a couple days later. Of course my suspicions where that they are lying as I would have not bought from them knowing they are coming from China especially since I don't think the US is accepting shipment from China. That package was shipped on April 13th and the USPS says "Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item" since then. I am hoping for the best but not expecting it. Happily AliExpress has a good refund policy which I can ask for if I don't receive my items by April 18th.

On another note: I shipped out 5 packages to a member here at BPT's who lives in the UK, all at the same time, well one day apart, 3 one day 2 the next. He received 4 of those packages but one is in limbo at the Chicago International Distribution Center. Packages were mailed out on....March 16th and the last one has been sitting at Chicago since March 18th. Yes, thats right since March 18th. So shipping everywhere is disrupted.

How about anyone else...Do you have a Covid19 Shipping story you can share with us?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Yes Super I had the same exact thing happen with masks too...said it was USA, only to be shipped from China. I ordered them VERY early on, and theyre still trickling in.
I just don’t understand how the auction house would say “IF” in their response...
I am the customer with questions and doubts,
They are agent that is to facilitate the transaction UNTIL COMPLETED.
It is insured, and I’m not worried about a silly toy train, it seems a matter of principal, and that they seem to have passed the buck onto JapanPost, even though my contract is with them while delivery is still pending.
Like I am supposed to contact JapanPost myself?
No way...that’s their job, and until they find a solution to fulfilling what they have promised to deliver, just throwing their hands up into the air, and pinning it on JapanPost, seems WAY less than professional and very lazy by convenience.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Super
I do it through EMS usually, if I go back, I'll go through DHL instead. I only use Jauce as a final resort of a certain item isn't on ebay nor Amazon.
Making Customs, Filming Videos and looking for the purest engines. That's how I roll here on Blue Plastic Tracks.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/TB90Prod2
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2020, 05:54 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Trainboy90 Productions's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
Japan to Malaysia and Singapore story
1. Item ordered at 28 March for friends in MY and SG.
2. Items stuck at JP Post, consignment still in post office until 22 April, shipped out by midnight.
3. Item reached MY airport on 27 April.
4. Item processed for 5 days in local sorting centre.
5. Final delivery confirmed after another day of delay due to closure of post office near friend’s housing location.

SG is similar but they reacted slow to COVID-19, post office is still open, so they got their items faster.
[-] The following 1 user Likes violater's post:
  • Super
(05-03-2020, 04:47 PM)Muddy Poppins Wrote: Yes Super I had the same exact thing happen with masks too...said it was USA, only to be shipped from China. I ordered them VERY early on, and theyre still trickling in.
I just don’t understand how the auction house would say “IF” in their response...
I am the customer with questions and doubts,
They are agent that is to facilitate the transaction UNTIL COMPLETED.
It is insured, and I’m not worried about a silly toy train, it seems a matter of principal, and that they seem to have passed the buck onto JapanPost, even though my contract is with them while delivery is still pending.
Like I am supposed to contact JapanPost myself?
No way...that’s their job, and until they find a solution to fulfilling what they have promised to deliver, just throwing their hands up into the air, and pinning it on JapanPost, seems WAY less than professional and very lazy by convenience.

From Japan Post website
 The novel coronavirus pandemic has caused many countries/territories to take measures such as stopping acceptance of inbound postal items as well as considerable suspension and reduction of flights from/to Japan. Accordingly, our transportation performance has significantly declined. Therefore, our temporary suspension of acceptance of international mail items, mainly EMS and parcel-post/letter-post items by air and SAL, started on April 2, will be extended for the time being from April 24. For details, please see the appendix (PDF:20kB).
Items which have already been accepted and cannot be dispatched to their destinations will be returned from the delivery offices to the senders in order. In addition, because of the global reduction of flights, considerable delivery delays are expected for outbound mail items to other countries/territories.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. It would be appreciated if you would kindly understand this situation in advance.
[-] The following 2 users Like rekp's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
Yes shipping issues.
I had the new Hello Kitty Shinkalion sent once released but it was returned to sender after 3 weeks of sitting in Japan. I was lucky as I used HLJ for this purchase.  They offer DHL and it is now on its way here, but I have had to pay for it.
I also had the new Thomas characters sent to me via Hobbysearch when they were released.  I am still waiting to hear if they have been received back at HS.  Unfortunately they offer only SAL and EMS so to New Zealand I have no chance of getting them anytime soon.
Also all my Japan auctions are still sitting in Japan as I can't send them either as they really only offer EMS.
In New Zealand the goverment has just opened domestic courier services to everyday items last week.  But they are so over run with purchases everything is taking forever to get to people.
I just wish as other New Zealanders do that we could use Amazon JP.  It always sends DHL so I know I would already have Gina and Lorrenzo.
[-] The following 3 users Like AOF04's post:
  • drew5195, MuddyPoppins, Super
Ha ha ha...funny!
They just posted this after they already had my package.
[Image: BC64-FD3-B-8-C81-4386-AE25-3-C70-D67054-B2.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Super
I just received this message from the US Post Office which, in my experience means the package is in flight from Japan.
My Tokyo Metro Sakura Tram 9000 is finally on the move since sitting at Japan Post since April 13th.
Quote:Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece

[Image: super-happy-dance-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
Since I missed the latest preorders for new Plarail stuff, I only have one preorder for a model kit right now. It isn’t supposed to be released until June but I suspect the shipping back ups will still be a problem then.

I did have stuff in my carts at a couple of Japanese retailers and just emptied them once EMS came to a halt in late April.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • Super