Some New Old Stuff

5 Replies, 4310 Views

Sorry haven't been on the boards much. Who would have thought being stuck working at home could be so busy? But some light arrived recently with a nice little shipment from across the sea.

[Image: THSR-700T-Taiwan-high-speed-train.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20200512-192642.jpg]

Excited to finally get my hands on the Taiwan high speed train. THSR 700T, It's used condition but pretty clean and has a bonus extra tail car. Also picked up the Enoden 300.

This Tomica taxi is official 2020 Olympics. I grabbed some because I figure we won't be having a 2020 Olympics! Weird.

[Image: IMG-20200512-192757.jpg]

Also I bought another Enoden station - it really should belong to Mr No but he doesn't realise he wants it yet. It will stay at my place in the box until he comes to his senses!  Big Grin
[Image: IMG-20200512-192712.jpg]

Finally, to stop myself getting cabin fever I've been building these Lego Architecture sets. I think they look really good.

[Image: IMG-20200510-172203.jpg]

Stay safe everyone!
[-] The following 4 users Like Finno's post:
  • chrisjo, Mister No, MuddyPoppins, Super
You are really killing me softly with the Kamakura Station(s), Finno...! Smile

Nice grabs, though! I wonder how would these Lego Towers look on a Plarail set...
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
Finno...I was beginning to think that someone had locked you up in your new train shed. Big Grin
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Finno
Haha, yeah I have been doing some work in the shed. A combination of working on my layout which is now down to some really fiddly bits of customisation - mostly track bridges and pillars which need to be made out of wood so I can do unconventional spans  and cross large gaps etc.

The other time consuming part is fixing a few leaks in the roof that spring up now that we are moving into winter and the odd drip appears when we have heavy rain. Using a fair amount of silicone sealant! Also keeping it cosy with some more insulation.

But the end is in sight and will definitely have some videos when it's complete which will reveal the big surprise landmark feature of this layout. Can't wait! Smile

Also have quite a few new trains to run, including ones I picked up last year in Japan which I haven't really featured yet.
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2020, 11:19 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Finno's post:
  • Mister No, Super
I'm anxious to see your modifications and inventions regarding big spans, bridges, pillars etc.
Waiting with popcorn! Smile
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 2 users Like Mister No's post:
  • Finno, Super
That Enoden Station is my favorite and the 700T train is awesome with the 'wings' on the sides.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Finno, Mister No