This Is Certainly Different!

9 Replies, 6071 Views

This is certainly different

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Finno
Wow, it's actually a sort of cable car, isn't it...?
And it's different for sure! Smile
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
That is weird Super because I just discovered these the other night too... they are made by a company called Halsall.
I’m not sure if this is the brand name or just one of a character series that I’ve never heard of, but its called Underground Ernie.
They make a Bachman range but also a range that runs on Tomy tracks too.
[Image: 3-DDBF614-99-FE-465-C-B43-F-03-A20-E49-FA69.png]

[Image: 95374613-071-E-46-E4-A724-B0-EB224-FE777.png]
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • DalaGStanator
Ah yes, Underground Ernie. That was another rail themed British animated series, but it took place on the London Underground (albeit a heavily fictionalized version of it). In addition to trains named after the real lines (Bakerloo, Circle, Hammersmith & City, Jubilee, Victoria), they were also joined by "international" characters named after cities in totally unrelated countries (Osaka, Moscow, Sidney, Brooklyn). I don't recall watching the episodes themselves, but I have very fond memories of the official website. Despite the visual similarities, it predates Chuggington by two years. It was also the only thing made by Joella Productions.

Our Nigels has both the Bachmann and battery powered ranges, and he loves them. These threads might be familiar:
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2020, 10:52 AM by Super.)
@Muddy

Are you sure that these are part of the Underground Ernie line? I am a little bit familiar, not much but I don't recognize these as characters or design. These look to be customs.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
Of course they are. They're Bakerloo and Circle, and they're not customs. You had the same Bakerloo when Nigels sent you the Airport Station and you thought Joella [Productions] was his name.
@Da-lag
I am referring to the two in the original Post video above that Muddy thinks are Underground Ernie's

@Mr-No
They are, managed to find this video.

"Only double Track Funicular in Japan Ikoma Cable"

[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • chrisjo, Finno, MuddyPoppins
http://www3.ic-net.or.jp/~plarail/kaizou/burumike.html
Google translate.........

"Kintetsu Cable Car Bull and Mike, Production: 2013
model car: Scratch from plastic board.
I made Bull and Mike of Kintetsu Ikoma Cable as the second generation of the cable car. 
I used the ED70 trolley with the cable car I made last time.
The car body is made by bending one plastic plate to give it strength.
The front side is made of resin clay. I'm worried about the strength, so I apply an instant adhesive and harden it many times. 
I replaced it with one that I duplicated the resin later.
Since the ED70 dolly is also old and has reached its limit, we have changed the system by using the dolly and rails of the "Wakuwaku Automatic Action E5 & E6 Automatic Connection Set".
The body has been expanded due to the height of the power unit. 
There is only one branch."

[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
Thanks Dr Chris

I was wondering where those track pieces came from. They did a fine job with the modeling clay and paint on these.
Those cable cars are not at all from Underground Ernie, the ones Muddy posted pics of definitely are and can still be gotten fairly easy in the UK (both Bachman HO/OO and the Plarail compatible ones).  One thing they don't do is the reverse engine thing as shown in that video, they only go forwards like the majority of PlaRail.  Hope this helps Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super