Bijomaru's YouTube videos

76 Replies, 44492 Views

While we complete our next layout (filming today), let me post another project, back from April.

What I tried to do here was to have one central station where all trains meet and can be stopped and controlled from. This has worked to some degree, as the furthest rail wasn't very reachable for my 3yo and he kept messing up other tracks when getting to it.

You could also switch trains between tracks, but that has only caused accidents as there was no way we could keep up with speed differences etc. 

Smaller Loop - JR West Shinkansen 300-3000 (upper-level station) and JR Tokai 313 series (lower-level station). 3-way switch R-17 to direct to lower-level (right), upper-level (straight), or Larger Loop diversion (left).

Larger Loop - JR East NEX (Narita Express) - two trains running. Crossing and automatic turnout rail R-19.
[-] The following 4 users Like bijomaru78's post:
  • chrisjo, DalaGStanator, Mister No, Super
Excellen Layout Bijo. It must take a lot of time video editing for the stop motion and adding the sound effects.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Between filming, conversion, editing and then rendering easily looking at 4-5 hours. But it's better every time, and each time learning something new.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bijomaru78's post:
  • Super
I only messed with a stop motion portion of a video once and I wish I had a camera that had a remote control because touching the camera each time would slightly move it. Does your camera have a remote or did you takes stills from a video?
so generally I shoot those videos on an iPhone X camera mounted on a DJI gimbal with a flat stand. But like you, initially I'd press the button on the camera to take a phot and every time this would result in a tiny difference between each still. Now I am using an app for taking stop-motion videos, and it comes with an Apple Watch app that let's me press the shutter from my wrist! So no touching of the phone or stand required. I can still see some very small movements between stills occasionally, but that's from my son running around when I do these, and as the floors here are old wooden boards, that means there is some shaking that I can't get rid of unless I were to do it myself.
[-] The following 2 users Like bijomaru78's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
I'm thinking that you must be taking the stills as the layout is dis-assembled, then reversing the video?
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
Exactly that. It would be impossible to do it while we build it as we do so without a clear plan. So the layout goes through a few iterations before we film it.

Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like bijomaru78's post:
  • chrisjo, Super
Ahhhhh....the trick to it! Smile
Our latest video is now live.

Our limited Thomas collection finally got some action. Since it was recorded I've purchased few more trains, so those will come in some of the next videos.

The vintage train is already recorded but hasn't been processed yet. Should be up next week.

Enjoy! Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like bijomaru78's post:
  • DalaGStanator, MuddyPoppins, Super
LOL...love the mountain made out of a Poo Pillow Big Grin

Does your son watch Thomas videos?