Bijomaru's YouTube videos

76 Replies, 44595 Views

Maybe ask your family for a train themed party on Your next birthday OTR? Maybe one with a B-20 cake pulling a couple of Suha coaches. I can picture you with your party hat on and a wooden train whistle Big Grin
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Off The Rails, Tharazero1
(08-04-2020, 03:04 AM)Off The Rails Wrote: Man, I kinda miss train themed birthdays! My son had a pretty good run of 3-4 years but last year was Roblox and this year was Star Wars. At least he still like trains!

It is difficult thinking about what his future interests will be. I can see the trains theme coming and going on various days, with his interest spread between Lego, cartoon, drawing. I guess on one hand you want to give them as much opportunities to find out what they like doing and do it, but on the other hand it will be a sad day when he's no longer into the trains we play together with. At least we'll still have those videos to go back to those moments.
[-] The following 2 users Like bijomaru78's post:
  • Off The Rails, Super
(08-04-2020, 03:19 AM)Super Wrote: Maybe ask your family for a train themed party on Your next birthday OTR? Maybe one with a B-20 cake pulling a couple of Suha coaches. I can picture you with your party hat on and a wooden train whistle Big Grin

I’ll make sure to take plenty of pictures to show my coworkers, just to confirm that I’m as big of a weirdo as they think I am! Big Grin

Of course, the locomotive has to be a C62! Wink
[-] The following 2 users Like Off The Rails's post:
  • Super, Tharazero1
Been a while since I posted here but with the second child growing up and all the work I do, we found ourselves short on time to build any larger layouts. But, last month we've set aside one afternoon to get this built after acquiring some new trains in the summer and a Tomica motorway set that my son got for his birthday back in July.

[Image: Clipboard01.jpg]

Dry period recently when it comes to any FB purchases sadly, but we've picked up 2 small sets for free with a kit for our 1yo as well. Will post that in the purchase thread. In the meantime, I hope you guys enjoy our latest build featuring old-style Dr. Yellow, E233 and 205 series trains!

[-] The following 2 users Like bijomaru78's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
LOL...Free is always good Big Grin

Your son brought a smile to my face to see the look on his face loving that Tomica Motorway Set. Heart

I am curious about the Rural Station as I am not sure I have seen one with "Discovery Time Station" and its in English. Do you know anything about it?

[Image: Untitlhned.jpg]
(11-03-2020, 04:29 PM)Super Wrote: LOL...Free is always good Big Grin

Your son brought a smile to my face to see the look on his face loving that Tomica Motorway Set. Heart

I am curious about the Rural Station as I am not sure I have seen one with "Discovery Time Station" and its in English. Do you know anything about it?

I bought it on ebay sold as 'COUNTRY STATION'. From looking online there's a few different based on that mould, but none that says Discovery Time Station. No idea which set it came from!. I bought it with a plan of converting it into a Stardew Valley station, based on a game of the same name Big Grin But for now we didn't have the time so it has stayed as it was.

We got him 2 other sets that join the motorway but still on a hunt for some connecting bits. Hard to get as they need to be imported from Japan and only one auction for £30 on ebay. May need to look for a while until we get them for an acceptable price for what they are.
I loved watching this so much!
It brought back so many memories of my “carpet time” days with Tully..I miss them so much. Sad
Cherish these years. They go bye so fast.
You’re a good dad.
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • bijomaru78, DalaGStanator
Thanks, I'm trying! He goes through periods of being more or less interested in Plarail and Tomica, but he enjoys doing that and is starting to build his own tracks that actually loop back to the starting point Smile Few more months and he'll have that mastered Big Grin And then there's his younger brother who just crawls around chasing trains. We're having fun together and I appreciate that time. I guess recording it servers a purpose too where we will be able to revisit those moments. Need to start including more play time in those videos too.
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2020, 05:10 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes bijomaru78's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
New Video is up! This time we took out our TomyTrain 80's collection. Few trains only and most have some issues, but they do run. Just need a few upgrades (parts coming) to bring them up to speed again.

Hope you guys enjoy! Smile
[-] The following 4 users Like bijomaru78's post:
  • chrisjo, DalaGStanator, Super, Tharazero1
Fantastic video Bijo, I love watching your son at play. I also love your son's bedroom with a huge area of floor space for him to play on.

These vintage Tomy trains are so much fun to watch, the reverse functions are neat. I like the cog wheels on the engines not so much for going up the long inclines but for the controlled descent on the downsides. A lot of the more modern Tomy/Plarail trains fly down the slopes which looks unnatural.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator