Bijomaru's YouTube videos

76 Replies, 44494 Views

Yeah, we saved the biggest room for our kids knowing that they will need space to play. Never thought back then it will come handy for those large layouts Smile

The reverse action is great, but I'm dealing with the motor getting stuck on one of those engines when it's being reversed. There are all sorts of problems in the cogs so I'm looking for donor trains to get this sorted. Also, the fact that the 4 carriage Euro Channel train gets all bendy during reversing and will hit the train coming from the other direction if it's on a bend, so will need to keep that in mind for the next time.

The long and steep inclines certainly are a challenge for these old motors. In fact, only the blue train will go up the incline. The rest will either start skipping or sliding, due to worn our rubbers (replacements ordered). But the descents are interesting as the train actually slows down due to the difference in circumference of the extra teeth on wheels. 

They're very different beasts from the current Plarail models and have their own pros and cons. Happy to have them in our collection.
[-] The following 3 users Like bijomaru78's post:
  • chrisjo, DalaGStanator, Super
So, it's been a quiet time at our house in terms of Plarail recently. The toddler has grown enough to start walking around and destroying any attempt at building something bigger Smile So we only make small layouts that get taken apart at the end of the day. But that didn't stop us from stocking up on some new stuff, straight from Japan.

There are a few more bits like spare rubber tyres and hooks, a PS4 edition of Densha de Go with the whole Yamanote line, and a Tomica car. As soon as the situation allows, we'll be using those automated transfer stations in a bigger layout.
[-] The following 4 users Like bijomaru78's post:
  • chrisjo, DalaGStanator, MuddyPoppins, Super
I love it, love to see the excitement on the childrens faces, truly, it brings a smile to my face.

The Transfer Stations are awesome to play with in a Layout especially two of them.

Ahh...the First Edition (not the newer re-make) Romance VSE Car is one of my favorites.

I don't think I have seen those Childrens Plarail Catalog thick page books before, nice.

The Plarail shirts were a big hit too!

Thanks for sharing Bijo Smile
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
We've tried setting up 4 trains on the short layout with those 2 stations in their fully automated mode and it did work. But then when I tried to do it again they just kept crashing, so we need to spend some time working out the release intervals to make this work. It will be easier once we can build a larger set.

We specifically wanted that RomanceCar as it's the one we took and had the front seats in on our journey from Hakone. It was broken when it arrived, but 15 minutes of tinkering fixed it and is now running as good as new Sleepy

The yellow Plarail 02 and 03 I believe are from a Plarail show but will need to dig out more details. I have no idea though what the silver train is, but it looks so cool, it's like a mirror.

We've so far used the books just to sit with my son and browse them, but as they're written in a child-friendly way with the furigana above kanji, they will help me with learning some basic stuff that I need to practice.

He loved the shirts and despite them being slightly larger, it just means that there's enough time for him to grow a little, and his younger brother to grow enough to start wearing those. Then I'll have a gang of Plarail tshirt wearing boys Cool

Obviously there was tons more stuff that I'd love to get from Jauce, but we'll probably do so next Christmas again Wink

Thanks for watching and commenting  Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like bijomaru78's post:
  • chrisjo, Super
Just like to add that Bijomaru was kind enough to put a couple of items for me on his Jauce account. These he has posted on to me and they just arrived.
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • bijomaru78, Super
Glad to hear that! Hopefully, you'll post a video of those new trains in action Smile
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2021, 05:01 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes bijomaru78's post:
  • Super
(11-03-2020, 04:29 PM)Super Wrote: LOL...Free is always good Big Grin

Your son brought a smile to my face to see the look on his face loving that Tomica Motorway Set. Heart

I am curious about the Rural Station as I am not sure I have seen one with "Discovery Time Station" and its in English. Do you know anything about it?

[Image: Untitlhned.jpg]

Hey Super. Just found the origins of the "Discovery Time Station" quite randomly looking through someone's posts on FB.

[Image: 64526033_2217261981643812_60272009086836...e=608628A6]
[-] The following 3 users Like bijomaru78's post:
  • Mister No, Super, Tharazero1
Thank you Bijo...they even named after me Big Grin

I see that the station is also the rarer one with the hoop pole. Hmmm, have we seen that outside of Japan?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No
This was from a guy located in the UK from his personal collection. I'll see if I can find out more.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bijomaru78's post:
  • Super
Hi lovely train people! I thought this website was down and gone as I could reach it on a few occasions this year? What's been happening?

We had a busy year with some house building work, so struggled to do many builds, but we've done one before the cold days have arrived out in the workshop. This is using the automatic transfer stations and the new trains we bought from Japan. Additionally the EH500 which we've bought on FB again, this time not so local, but postage was well worth it as this is our first Japanese freight train (although it's missing one of the containers)

Also, earlier I made a video to take stock of all the Japanese trains we currently have. Turns out we've got loads of them Big Grin

Here's a question though. The Plarail Expo train is a mystery to me and been asked a question on YouTube too. We got the engine and 2 of the cars from Japan, with the 3rd car donated by a very helpful collector. I've looked on Sun's page but that particular train isn't shown there. Does anyone know which events these cars may come from (numbered 02 and 03)?
[-] The following 2 users Like bijomaru78's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Mister No