Amazing Tomy Thomas Pickup

2 Replies, 3455 Views

I took a offer up on Facebook marketplace of 2 boxes full of Tomy motor road and rail Thomas Goodness I wasn't sure what was in the boxes completely as the images didn't show much and the seller didn't know what sets were in there or if they were complete or if even any of the engines worked I decided to take a gamble of $100 Aus on what was on top of the box knowing that alteast Il get heaps of tracks,Duck,Murdoch,lady and the other engines I could spot on the surface of the boxes and hopefully a complete knapford station.
[Image: fb-imge.png]
Once I brought it home and opened up the boxes and went through and sorted it all I was truly surprised at how much amazing stuff was in there and how good of condition it was all in![Image: Fb-mp-Haul.png]
[Image: 20200606-161054.jpg]
From what I can tell this owner definitely owned more then this as I pieced together that there was originally more engines as well as a Thomas Tomy ultimate set & a Thomas giant set[first version with the giant Thomas] which id say about 90% of the parts for the ultimate set are there which I am perfectly okay with! as I own every other part to complete the set and prefer making my own layouts anyway!

Not pictured which was also included is the instruction manual for the engine turntable,one for replacing batteries in engines and the original water drop for steam along Thomas as well as a brand new replacement filter still sealed in the bag!

After testing all the engines the only one that doesn't fully work is steam along Thomas which does turn on but seems to have a gear issue as well as he does not make any sounds after turning on the bottom switch. I am not sure if this would be considered a good deal outside of Australia as alot of the engines I brought with this offerup go for $60+ on ebay and some are getting very hard to find at all such as Thomas with the white base & Edward overall I am very happy with this purchase as quite a few of these items I have been after for along time Epesially Knapford station and Edward thanks for looking friends!
[-] The following 5 users Like WolfRagnell's post:
  • chrisjo, DalaGStanator, FfarquharDeveloper, MuddyPoppins, Super
[Image: bravo-clapping-smiley-emoticon.gif]

You should be happy with that haul Wolf. That is a fantastic load. The double Knapford Station and the engines you mentioned would cover the cost let alone the tons of other items. I suspect quite a large Layout is in your future plans.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Definitely the right word to describe it. Apart from the great amount and variety of rolling stock and the old dark blue track, it's also got some nice accessories (even though most of them were included in the Ultimate Set, as already mentioned). So that's how the Knapford Station roof parts are built; I somehow thought each of the four would be a separate piece and there were horizontal beams for additional support. Good to know they are two each since it would make them stronger (perhaps that's how I should build them for my custom one). Neville's shell seems to be missing and so is Harvey's power unit, but that should be nothing compared to the rest.

Funny you mention the Steam Along Thomas, because I've just retouched my powered Annie that came from it. The motor still worked despite how Thomas was forcibly removed, but only until a black wire came loose and there was no way to get it to run again. I replaced the worn out traction tyres, but the battery pack is disconnected and I'm not entirely sure where the wire was when it worked. Until then, I've replaced the wire coupling with my Emily tender one. If my triangle head bit were small enough, I would've replaced the rear coupling and possibly the drive unit. Once the wire could be resoldered to where (I think) it was, I'm still hoping to use the chassis for almost anything that's long and doesn't have coupling rods. By default, she and the long Clarabel will be repainted to resemble Express Coaches. It would also be great if the switch that originally activated the steam and sounds could be repurposed for optional lights.

I'm glad you were happy to receive this wonderful collection.