Tomy Euro Tunnel le Shuttle

11 Replies, 8355 Views

Bought this recently on eBay. Unfortunately the motor is broken and the train does not run. I'll be trying to revive it, so any advice is appreciated. It's a short base, unlike other trains I've seen so far.

[Image: IMG-2665.jpg] [Image: IMG-2303.jpg]

Compared to a Yamanote train base.

[Image: IMG-2304.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bijomaru78's post:
  • Super
https://sunstomyandfriends.weebly.com/vi...ry-go.html
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • bijomaru78, Super
That is great and will certainly help me put it back together Smile

However my motor's terminals are broken and corroded, and trying to power it with a  AA battery directly attached to the terminals didn't bring any result. Any idea on how to search for a replacement motor, or even what's that chassis called so I can get some older working 'donor' train?
  • Super
Look for 'Tomy Trains', or Tomytrain, or Tomyville...........

in fact, any of these......https://sunstomyandfriends.weebly.com/vi...homas.html

Any motor from any Plarail or Trackmaster chassis will work. There are other threads on here dealing with re-starting motors that are just 'stuck'.
[-] The following 3 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • bijomaru78, DalaGStanator, Super
Looks like there is also some corrosion on those battery terminals. Chrisjo is right about any motor from the Trackmaster, Tomy Plarail type engines should work if you have a few junkers around.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Guys, thank you so much. I just opened another engine I had lying around as a spare and the motor inside is identical, just sits inside the plastic casing. So will be swapping that out to the Shuttle train at some point soon (need to get a soldering iron first).

Also found some videos from a thread Chrisjo has mentioned, and found out you can order a Tamiya motor replacement on eBay. This has been very helpful!
[-] The following 2 users Like bijomaru78's post:
  • chrisjo, Super
Please let us know how you are progressing with your repairs.
Just wanted to say that I've replaced the motor now and put it back together as per the guide you've linked to. It's working and reversing, although seems to be struggling on inclines and in tight corners. I'll give it a fresh battery tomorrow and run another test. But still very happy that it's at least running! 

Will post a video of it running soon.

Thank you!
  • Super
Excellent [Image: baseball-boy-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Test run video. Found a second piece of track that act as a reverse switch. Got to say it is pretty cool!

[-] The following 3 users Like bijomaru78's post:
  • chrisjo, Mister No, Super