Recent FB purchase

52 Replies, 38862 Views

@Super
The excitement is intense from the moment we pick these things up all the way until unpacking and building something from these parts. With that much stuff we'll have to think about doing some huge layout around Christmas when work will hopefully ease up a little and I'll have more time to spend with him during the daytime.

@chrisjo
Thank you, wasn't even aware of these. Will have to find someone who's willing to take them off my hands as we'll probably have no use for those.

(08-03-2020, 01:51 PM)DalaGStanator Wrote: Side note: I like how those mats give the illusion of fields by having bright shades on one side and dark on the other. Great presentation.

Somewhat intentional as I wanted some green background for the track, but didn't expect the different shades to work so well. However, building and playing on those was a pain as they're too soft for that sort of thing. I guess time to source some green blanket imitating grass and that would take our builds one step up. Time to scour FB marketplace I think Smile
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2020, 03:16 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes bijomaru78's post:
  • Super
Tomy Train 1 and Tomy Train 3 sets.

Found those two boxes going cheap locally. He's having great time with the crane and I'm loving the lights actually glowing red and green while they link up with a start/stop rail.

Both train engines need some work as the gears skip, but I should be able to fix it. Similar issue that we had in the Euro Tunnel train.
[Image: 1571722-A-236-C-4-E95-BBEB-C4089-B650541.jpg]
[-] The following 4 users Like bijomaru78's post:
  • chrisjo, DalaGStanator, MuddyPoppins, Super
What a great smile Smile
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
He genuinely loves it Big Grin We just had his quarterly report from the nursery. His favourite toys to play with? ... Train set! Smile
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2020, 01:05 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes bijomaru78's post:
  • Super
LOL...
Report Card

Math - C
History - B
Science - C
Playing with Trains - A++++
More more more!  Big Grin  Couple of trains from December and a bigger batch picked up last weekend.

[Image: Photo-Room-20210119-132403.jpg] [Image: Photo-Room-20210119-132449.jpg]

[Image: Photo-Room-20210119-114130.jpg] [Image: Photo-Room-20210119-120908.jpg]

Particularly happy with the new stuff like the underground station, large crossing and the new trains:
500 Series Shinkansen (x2) - one running with headlights, one needs the motor replaced. Already got spares so will fix before the next video
E2 Series Shinkansen Asama "J" set - 10th Anniversary Edition apparently, based on eBay
Ginza Line E1 EMU with headlights
N700 Series Shinkansen - front and rear car only
700 Series Shinkansen - rear car only, lights operated as wheels turn
NEX Narita Express (this will be our third) - sadly spilt battery so needs a lot of clean up, but it's still running!
East i E926 Shinkansen, again just front and rear car

Plus loads of tracks!

I think we need to find a bigger place to build our next large layout. Got a garage that would be perfect for it, but need to wait until it gets warm and dry.
[-] The following 5 users Like bijomaru78's post:
  • DalaGStanator, generic_truck_69420, Super, Tharazero1, Therealblack64YT
Nice load Bijo. I like the idea of a garage Layout.
Seeing those two tunnels stacked with the station on top made me think they were a building until I zoomed in. I don't recall seeing a different variant of the metal bell crossing where the base is wider and the signal box faces the track. It looks a bit better than the one I'm familiar with and have one of, so I'd like to know what set comes with it. Are the big grey risers meant for that cyan straight with the walls? The wide trim around the bottom doesn't make them look good for stacking. Looking forward to seeing your plans for the garage once the conditions get better.
The bell crossing is the Tomica Hypercity variant that links up with the plastic sidewalk. It came in the Hypercity 85207 Bumper Track Pack:
[Image: image.png]
The grey risers and pale blue rail are parts of Hypercity 85200 Overhead Crossing. Also in 85407 Metropolis Set.

[Image: image.png]

Both have Plarail equivalents, of course.

[Image: image.png] [Image: image.png]

For some reason unknown to me, the UK market is still awash with crates of 85200 BNIB, you can pick them up for almost nothing, along with container-loads of clear tunnels 85201 and pavement packs 85203.
[-] The following 3 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • DalaGStanator, generic_truck_69420, Super
Quite a lot of my clear tunnels, of which I have many, came from the UK as they aren't readily available in the States.