layout ideas

8 Replies, 12117 Views

I can't find a thread sharing layout ideas so I will start a new thread to share layout ideas.
[Image: IMG_2206.jpg]

I installed 5 double crossover so that trains from track #1 can switch all the way to track #4. Trackmaster Knapford works the best. I also have Tomy Knapford but it doesn't work as well.

[Image: IMG_2211.jpg]

If you happen to have 4 1/6 of the regular trackmaster tracks, you can do something like this. The 1/6 regular trackmaster tracks are extremly rare. I don't know which set comes with them or where to get them.
[-] The following 7 users Like leylandvictory2's post:
  • emilyfan101, HankAmericanEngine, sunhuntin, Super, Tharazero1, Trackmaster-Rail-Yard, WoodWheel92
Nice ideas Leylandvictory1

There is also this switch point track if you only have a single track layout and want to easily split into 4 tracks for a Knapford Station. that I picked up recently from the Japan Auctions. They also work with the Tomy garage/storage case tracks.

[Image: 1102_zpsd1618ac8.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 5 users Like Super's post:
  • HankAmericanEngine, sunhuntin, thehsvdude, Trackmaster-Rail-Yard, WoodWheel92
wowzers thats complicated track
[-] The following 2 users Like thehsvdude's post:
  • Super, Trackmaster-Rail-Yard
if you have too many monorail bridge supports, you can use them to build an empire state building or something like that.  Photo by  Abd Shahril Hisham
[Image: 169087184-10222590444744016-4849897719665987915-n.jpg]
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 2 users Like leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super, Tharazero1
Wow, that is very impressive. I wonder how many he used to build so high which is what, four or five feet tall? Is that in his home or a show or shopping center? Your Link takes me to a Facebook error page that says 'this page is not available'
the link works for me.  Perhaps i already logged into facebook.
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super
Must be they blocked non-bookers from their page. Do they have YouTube videos maybe. I would like to know more of how they built this.
sadly he doesn't have one as far as I am aware of
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super
(07-23-2014, 09:27 PM)leylandvictory2 Wrote: The 1/6 regular trackmaster tracks are extremly rare. I don't know which set comes with them or where to get them.

I'm pretty sure some people have 3d printed them and their own custom track out that you can download.