Chuggington Auto U-Turn Turntable

9 Replies, 5764 Views

I had grabbed a couple of these Auto Turn Table/U-Turn's because I thought it would go well with the Sakura Tram I recently got. Using these for a street car would enable me to use the Tram on a short run without taking up a lot of room with just using curved rails to come around. I have also thought to make a small building to cover each end of the streetcar line.

These Auto U-Turns were only available in the Chuggington Series of Plarails and I think were only offered in one, maybe two, Chuggington sets. Very compact, I have ideas of painting the purple away. Maybe green and plant some trees and shrubbery. As you can see in the picture with the Sakura Tram, the diameter is so small there is no room for much landscaping. A building probably would work better.

With the problems with shipping through Japan Post via the USPS going to take a couple months using surface mail to the US I ask my agent, Japamart, if they are still holding purchases until September without storage Fees and they said they could no longer do that as their Warehouse was now full. They offered to ship it DHL which is not in their normal offering so I took them up on it. Package ended up costing double of would it normally cost shipping EMS but it got here in 4 days. I do like DHL, I have had great customer service when I needed to contact them. They are constantly notifying me with Email updates of the package progress and they offer through their Website or phone a chance to wave the signature required if I choose in case I am not at home at the time of delivery.

[Image: DSCN0522.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0526.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Mister No
you didn't get the sliding track that came with the original set?
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
That would defeat the purpose of saving space as that slider is very big.

Here are the two sets I believe are the only ones with the auto U-turns although there may be others.

[Image: 10226689a5.jpg]

[Image: 10261306a5.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No
One of the ideas is to use an ED-70 and connect the round trip rail to that turntable, its defeats the purpose but its fun.
[-] The following 1 user Likes violater's post:
  • Super
Whats an ED-70
Great idea with turntable and the short line Sakura Tram, Super! I like it very much! It can be used with all one-car trains like Hiei, one Hakone Tozan.car, E4-600 Negotiator etc.
I can't wait to see how it all works on your layout. Any chance of a nice (longer) video soon? Smile
I'm not into Chuggington, and it would be better if these Auto U-turns could be bought separately, of course, but that lighthouse looks really nice!
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
I was able to pick these U-Turns up individually from the Japan auctions so I didn't have to buy the whole set which I imagine would be quite expensive if you could find one.

I have to confess that I have gotten quite lazy the last several months and procrastinate often. Not a day goes by where I don't say to myself I should film a bit. Happens every time I pass by the Layout which is dozens of times a day. One day Undecided
(06-10-2020, 08:26 PM)Super Wrote: Whats an ED-70?

[Image: image.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • Super, violater
Thanks Dr Chris, those certainly are colorful.
Thanks Dr Chris. Or like my おうふくEF-66.
[-] The following 1 user Likes violater's post:
  • Super