Is It Real? Gray Arched Bridge

10 Replies, 7713 Views

I have always wanted a gray arched bridge or any bridge in gray to tell you the truth. I am not aware of any gray arched on as there are only 3 that I know of, the common green one and rarer Red and baby blue ones.

I am a bit confused about the info in the title and description. Has anyone heard oy a real release of a gray one or might this be  lighting angle discoloration?

In the description it says "arch Otekkyo (green system)" Green??? and in the title "Arch large iron bridge (Ash)" Ash???

Anyone know?

https://www.jauce.com/auction/u352477455

[Image: i-img1200x900-158864326337hkka690268.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • chrisjo, MuddyPoppins
ottekyu = large iron bridge
ash = grey

What does (20-16) mean in the description?

It also says these are 'brand new overseas products', which I take to mean non-Japanese, and that 'please note that the color of the product may differ slightly depending on the manufacturing lot'.

I suspect this is a Chinese copy, but I haven't found its source yet.

The use of the phrase 緑 色 系 (green color system/lineage) may be a reference to the color of the original?
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
I was looking at that but 系 can be simply used as a 'form, model'. So the same way they say tracks are 'brown colour model'. But it could be a reference to the fact that it has a 'form' of the regular green bridge. Japanese is ambiguous like that until you have a chance to speak to the person Smile I've sent him a question to clarify but haven't had a response, and I doubt I will as it's nearly over and it's late evening over there.

海外製品 is a foreign-made product. Isn't most of Plarail stuff these days made in Thailand or Philippines?

I've had a look this morning but could not find any other reference to this anywhere else. Looked in some old Plarail catalogues and nothing there either.
[-] The following 2 users Like bijomaru78's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
(06-12-2020, 09:05 AM)chrisjo Wrote: ottekyu = large iron bridge

Correction: Otekkyo, say: Ot-tek-kyou

In my dialect, Daitekkyo, say: だいてっきょう Dai-tek-kyou
[-] The following 3 users Like violater's post:
  • chrisjo, DalaGStanator, Super
It must be from a Chinese knockoff maker as looking at the items this seller has there are a few knockoff items that I have purchased from before like below. I tried to find this gray version of the arched bridge on AiExpress where I find a lot of the knockoff stuff but can't locate it at the moment.

Anxious to hear if they reply to your query Bijo as that is a big problem with foreigners using the Japan Auctions through an agent, we don't have direct contact with sellers.

here are the other knockoff items this seller offers... The trees aren't Plarail copys but some other toy accessories. They work perfectly with Plarails scale imo and are inexpensive.

[Image: ceo-104s-img600x450-1461771451ddfumo1551.jpg]

[Image: ceo-104s-img600x450-1461771860tviq6c28110.jpg]

[Image: ceo-104s-img600x450-1462860100kceqbc2910.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator, violater
This guy sold many silver TGVs in the past, selling at ~54000 yen at the cheapest and ~77000 yen at the normal price. Looks very legit, but I wouldn't dare place a bid on non-Showa items like these.
What does "non-showa" mean?
(06-12-2020, 05:43 PM)Super Wrote: Anxious to hear if they reply to your query Bijo as that is a big problem with foreigners using the Japan Auctions through an agent, we don't have direct contact with sellers.

No reply, unfortunately. I take it you use Buyee to get stuff from Japan? I was looking into this but the consolidation per item fee makes buying cheaper items not worth it. I'd love to make a friend who'd buy and hold items for me and then ship them once a month or two in a big box to me Smile

It's difficult though as the language barrier is immense. Slowly learning Japanese in my free time for some time now but grammar is a real PITA Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes bijomaru78's post:
  • Super
I use Japamart as my buying agent. Most here at BPT use Jauce.
(06-12-2020, 08:55 PM)Super Wrote: What does "non-showa" mean?

Showa (Time frame we use to call vintage items)
Showa is timeframe until 1988, 1989 is not vintage.
[-] The following 2 users Like violater's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super