Cool, Custom Armored Train

4 Replies, 4833 Views

Very neat Custom Armored Train.

[Image: germanarmoredtrain.jpg]

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Mister No, Off The Rails
Not quite what I expected when I read "armoured train", but still a great idea and execution.

Google Translate told me this is meant to be an anime train from Studio Ghibli's Laputa (better known as Castle in the Sky). Here is the only clear screenshot I found of the original:

[Image: 16068320126_2d39d59f96_c.jpg]

And here I was wondering why the engine shaped car looks like Thom Tank. Furthermore, the better known train from the same film apparently has a red Toby like steam tram that even has the same number (which the same person also replicated):

[Image: 6-gMrybTs0XLDoTYrgR75ty6eiWMoV9Er3BoIekg...5a1c271dde]
[-] The following 1 user Likes DalaGStanator's post:
  • chrisjo
There is also a real one, (see picture above) which may have been what the anime was modeled after.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
With movable cannons! Great!
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • DalaGStanator
That’s cool! Check this guy’s YouTube channel because he also has videos of the construction of the individual parts of this train. Additionally, he had some videos of the steam tram.

In real life, armored trains have a fairly significant history in combat. This one seems to be based on elements of vehicles used by both the Soviet Union and Germany during WW2. However, I’ve seen photos of ad hoc versions (mostly tanks on flatcars) used by Russia into the early 21st century.
[-] The following 2 users Like Off The Rails's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super