Today 12:30 AM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 449
Glues & Epoxy---What Do You Use?
Last Post: Super
Today 12:08 AM
» Replies: 12
» Views: 5182
[Important] The Very TRUE Origin of Plar...
Last Post: Vio
Yesterday 11:36 PM
» Replies: 19
» Views: 275
Showing off my collection!
Last Post: Off The Rails
Yesterday 11:15 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 57
Grey Track
Yesterday 11:03 PM
» Replies: 28
» Views: 309
B20 Info
Yesterday 04:48 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 132
Unrecorded Phantom Gems
Last Post: Vio
Yesterday 07:03 AM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 7443
Vio's YouTube Videos
Yesterday 12:10 AM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 7375
Ultra Rare eBay score x3!!
Last Post: Tharazero1
08-12-2020 12:06 PM
» Replies: 27
» Views: 7712
Shinkansen Transformation Robo: Shinkali...
Last Post: Trainfanz
08-12-2020 10:11 AM
» Replies: 513
» Views: 138206
What is It?
08-12-2020 05:49 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 77
big bucks purchase... not tomy, sorry
08-12-2020 05:12 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 136

Online Selling Shockers
I've been meaning to start this thread for a long time. It's dedicated to those auctions where you look at it, double-take, and then say "WHAAAT?!!!". I'll kick off with this one ...

[Image: image.png]
Yours for £8 plus postage.
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • Super, bijomaru78
no thanks.  The paint job is horrible.  Also it is something that I can easily replicate.
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • DalaGStanator
LOL...Fun Topic for a Thread. I have seen many customs on Ebay for modified engines or rolling stock and although I always enjoy customs made by anyone with any levels of experience, like these, I am taken aback when I see how much they are asking for them.

For those Posting their own observations PLEASE lets keep this respectful and refrain from any derogatory remarks that may hurt or insult  a seller. Who knows, they may be from a member here at BPT, you never know. These are sometimes created by children and its the Adults who are asking the high prices for them. We do not want to insult anyone. Please no Links where one could be ridiculed. Thats not what we do here at BPT.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
If you want to look for quality customs, you should check out Yahoo Auctions. The Japanese are top tier craftmen at making customs.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vio's post:
  • PlarailTown
I agree with Vio, I don't usually get customs but when I saw these very early Thomas customs on the Japanese auctions a year or so ago I had to pick them up

[Image: IMG-20190715-144555.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20190715-144044.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20190715-144536.jpg]
I hypothesized about this when I first got them, but it seems like Percy and Gordon were made from Thomas and Henry when they were the only ones available around 1993, and then Edward and Bill/Ben were added when James was released in 1994. Bill/Ben is a modified Thomas but has James' wheels while Edward has the former Thomas', so I assume they were done at the same time. I'm not sure of this, of course, but I'm thinking Percy was built 1992/3 because otherwise he would have been available with James in 1994
[-] The following 1 user Likes DuckGWR's post:
  • Vio
Ahem...I believe this Thread is not about beautiful customs but for less than beautiful shockers that one comes across while browsing Online sellers Listing with possibly high asking prices.
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • chrisjo, Vio
yea it does requires a lot of practices to do a decent job in painting. I would use scotch tapes to make the lines straight.
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
Guess what?
It's been re-listed!
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
[Image: Screenshot-20190928-230906.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-20190928-230913.jpg]
Here's one I spotted a few months ago, the Annie top from a Steam Along Thomas on a Freddie chassis
[-] The following 3 users Like DuckGWR's post:
  • Super, chrisjo, DalaGStanator
@Chrisjo
Surprising it didn't sell Wink Well now we all have a second chance Big Grin

@DuckGWR
Funny thing about that Annie is that she fits perfectly on Freddies chassis so I have to give that person credit for their modification imagination. Smile
This one is billed as a "Very very rare and hard to find...Uber rare laundrette car" !

[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • Vio, Super
This looks like a very legit TOMY release, I would believe it myself. That looks more like a ice-cream storage area, look closely at the light blue step.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vio's post:
  • Super
Its real and I do think that this particular set of See Inside cars is hard to find. There are actually two that came in a set.
Fisher Price Trackmaster 'Ice Cream Express' Bet Muddy has  at least one set...probably new in its package.

I did have a set a few years ago but I got rid of all my 'See Inside' cars as they kept getting stuck or derailing because the large hinges stick out and would sometimes catch a riser.

[Image: 81-Md2p-JBMm-L-AC-SL1500.jpg]

[Image: 81-NX0m-Wf-HNL-AC-SL1500.jpg]

[Image: Track-Master-See-Inside-Ice-Cream-Express.png]

[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Vio
Indeed. It's hard to imagine why anyone would think they were washing machines when there are clear and obvious pictures of ice-creams on the lids. I have a set of these BNIB myself, but as Super says they are not the best runners.
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
I am sorry Dr Chris I misunderstood, I thought you Posted that because you thought it might not be real and a 'Shocker' Now I see you only were referring to them saying it was a 'Launderette' Car.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • chrisjo