Online Selling Shockers

331 Replies, 149976 Views

too bad the two shunters at the end are not motorized.
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 2 users Like leylandvictory2's post:
  • Off The Rails, Super
Yes Super, that’s the video I was thinking of! I vaguely recall Taskforce2008 explaining somewhere that the container flatbeds are partially scratchbuilt. IIRC, the containers and the little switchers are cut and fold card stock printouts that he designed and used to have linked on his long gone blog.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • Super
I also had a vague memory of something more about them than just the video but I can't find it now but then again I some times lose my mind too Blush
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[Image: m80633687407-4.jpg]
Here's a funny Boulder replacement I saw in a listing for the recent Plarail Thomas set that has Boulder in it
I have a website where I have been writing about and photographing many of the sets and pieces that I find interesting.
[-] The following 3 users Like DuckGWR's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super, Tharazero1
haha...looks to be a plastic Whiffleball with a face. Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
A boxed Tomy Henry. However it has James' face??!!

"Rare Henry Face James US Package Trackmaster"
[Image: s-l1600sd.jpg]

[Image: s-l1600.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2020, 02:03 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Tharazero1's post:
  • chrisjo, Super
The way the Listing is worded... it sounds like its a James with a Henry face. By the looks of the picture, its not a rare item but someone removed the Henry face and replaced it with a James. You can see a broken black plastic part over his forehead. I wouldn't think this was a rare factory defect at all.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Tharazero1
It will be very hard to top this boulder!!
...one of the funniest that I’ve seen!Big Grin
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Super, Tharazero1
Some people were discussing that Henry - the Henry is Tomy and has its Tomy box, but the face comes from a Fisher Price James, so it's a custom, not from the factory
I have a website where I have been writing about and photographing many of the sets and pieces that I find interesting.
[-] The following 3 users Like DuckGWR's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super, Tharazero1
(08-06-2020, 02:14 AM)Muddy Poppins Wrote: It will be very hard to top this boulder!!
...one of the funniest that I’ve seen!Big Grin

i should get some ping pong balls and starting drawing faces on them.  I will be selling them like hot cakes.
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 2 users Like leylandvictory2's post:
  • Mister No, MuddyPoppins