Online Selling Shockers

330 Replies, 146990 Views

This one is billed as a "Very very rare and hard to find...Uber rare laundrette car" !

[Image: image.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • Super, violater
This looks like a very legit TOMY release, I would believe it myself. That looks more like a ice-cream storage area, look closely at the light blue step.
[-] The following 1 user Likes violater's post:
  • Super
Its real and I do think that this particular set of See Inside cars is hard to find. There are actually two that came in a set.
Fisher Price Trackmaster 'Ice Cream Express' Bet Muddy has  at least one set...probably new in its package.

I did have a set a few years ago but I got rid of all my 'See Inside' cars as they kept getting stuck or derailing because the large hinges stick out and would sometimes catch a riser.

[Image: 81-Md2p-JBMm-L-AC-SL1500.jpg]

[Image: 81-NX0m-Wf-HNL-AC-SL1500.jpg]

[Image: Track-Master-See-Inside-Ice-Cream-Express.png]

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • violater
Indeed. It's hard to imagine why anyone would think they were washing machines when there are clear and obvious pictures of ice-creams on the lids. I have a set of these BNIB myself, but as Super says they are not the best runners.
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
I am sorry Dr Chris I misunderstood, I thought you Posted that because you thought it might not be real and a 'Shocker' Now I see you only were referring to them saying it was a 'Launderette' Car.
  • chrisjo
Is Trackmasters a spin off from TOMY? Fisher Price and TOMY would never collaborate right?
[-] The following 1 user Likes violater's post:
  • Super
I am not sure about the history and relation ship between the two. Hopefully our experts can chime in.
  • violater
TrackMaster was introduced in 2006 under HiT Toys when Motor Road and Rail ended outside Asia, but TOMY still had the rights in Europe. Fisher Price took over in 2009.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DalaGStanator's post:
  • Super
Thanks Da-lag. Is there any history of Tomy, HiT, Trackmaster where it looks like they were using the same molds, motors and parts?
Yes, when they were made under HiT Toys, the only thing different from the TOMY versions were the track, and they included special adapters to connect both types of track. I think the UK boxes had branding for both HiT Toys and TOMY for a while. If you search for Ucwepn's TOMY and Trackmaster Stanley review, he talks about that briefly.
Modeling the LNER (and some Thomas stuff) in OO Scale.
[-] The following 2 users Like TrainMan2001's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super