Awesome DHL Again!

21 Replies, 13752 Views

DHL has again served me well. This package was picked up in Japan yesterday (6/25) at 12:48pm and just arrived at my doorstep today (6/26) at 17:25pm...Amazing...less than 2 days in these times is remarkable...isn't it?

[Image: DSCN0537.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • bijomaru78, Off The Rails, violater
Nice little haul, too!
I've had packages from Amazon Japan end up the same way.
Making Customs, Filming Videos and looking for the purest engines. That's how I roll here on Blue Plastic Tracks.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/TB90Prod2
meanwhile eBay's international priority shipping program delayed my purchase.
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super
Well, it has to be quick, Super... You've got 24 pigs shipped with those KF-03 cars, you know!  Big Grin
Planning a farm on your layout?  Wink
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
Observation on the Pig Wagon.

I think I have seen this on a different recent release of a Plarail rolling stock but can't remember which. The wheel system has changed. Gone is the chassis with a clip that holds the wheel axle. The chassis is one piece and the wheels and axles are made together. What I mean about that is the wheels are affixed to the axle so the whole axle and wheel have to move together. Not sure if this way is for better rolling than the original with the wheels independent of the axle or its just a easier way to make and install them.

One thing that is better with these wheels is that there is no wobble (side to side) like the originals. These new wheels are a tab bit bigger around and a tad bit thinner. Another thing that I am disappointed in is that I was going to swap out the grey wheels with black on these but although the older wheels and axles fit there is more wobble to them with the clearances on this chassis. So unless in the future they make some of these wheels in black instead of grey on some stock I will be out of luck with swapping.

So in conclusion...these do look to make the car more stable I am not sure if they rotate better than the wheels that are separate from the axles.

[Image: DSCN0540.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0543.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • chrisjo, Mister No
Congratulations! Does the axle and the axle cover look misaligned here? This issue is more prominent on the rail transport car, where both axles are misaligned.

[Image: 1111.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes violater's post:
  • Super
I see what you mean. Taking those same wheels off the wagon and they don't look off but maybe a little. Two things I just noticed is that this axle is not as strong as the original where I think it can be bent and the other is that, by themselves these wheels roll great on a flat surface by themselves. Much better than the original by themselves.

[Image: DSCN0545.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • chrisjo, violater
Well, that's an important change... I have many R-28 double points on my layout and some cars with especially loose wheel/axle combination tend to jump a bit off the rails and even derail sometimes there. If the wheels and axles are made together now, this may solve that problem, we'll see...
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
Here is misaligned too. The side axle covers.

[Image: Eay-Kz-DOUc-AAVBs4.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes violater's post:
  • Super