Today 12:59 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 129
Lost A Spring??? Here is Help
Last Post: Super
Today 07:36 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 31
Thomas & Friends Trivia or Fun Facts Gam...
Last Post: DalaGStanator
Today 03:56 AM
» Replies: 580
» Views: 390569
Need help with swapping the front wheels...
Today 03:33 AM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 111
Continuation of BigLobe Plarail Musuem
Today 03:21 AM
» Replies: 177
» Views: 8090
A Train of Just Engines
Yesterday 11:42 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 92
2008 Tomy Trains?
Last Post: Vio
Yesterday 07:22 AM
» Replies: 12
» Views: 208
Plarail Line 0 Inside Curved Track
Last Post: Vio
Yesterday 06:57 AM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 199

Awesome DHL Again!
It became a staple recently, due to the fact that 2 female connector ends can be connected together. Before the coupling existed, we had to saw off half a male connector to connect the 2 female joints but there is a risk of breaking the male connector the wrong way due to the high pressure of the saw onto the connector. The Green Works Unit car has both male connector ends, so it is expensive and is a staple when making modified Plarail.

C-57 is definitely a push SL, but I’m just giving an example that it can be used as the tender car and the SL has the same type of connecting scheme as the crane car. It doesn’t work at tight corners but it still works on normal curves. Another example for this is to connect a SL to a powered DL as both ends are female. This allows the formation to move backwards and forwards and is used in Plarail Driving Parties to recreate real life formations.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vio's post:
  • Super
So these are Plarail and became a staple recently...what train did they come with or is Plarail selling them separately?

BTW...I was able to confirm through watching a video the the Rail Maintenance Car does indeed have the one piece chassis with the new fixed wheels and axles.

[Image: Unteeitled.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
If you mean the double female connectors, the crane car only has it and not sold separately at the moment.
When your new chassis vehicles move, do they wobble a lot compared to the older chassis?
  • Super
Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you were referring to these long double ended female couplings as something that everyone had and that most were replacing their push connectors with these. Since this Crane was just released I assumed that it couldn't be this coupling that was becoming a staple in enthusiasts collections.

As far as the new chassis with the wheels affixed to the axles, I actually think they roll better with no side to side wobble.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Vio
No misunderstandings here, I was indeed talking about those connectors. It is the new staple couplings. It won't be in the second hand shop yet, so prepare to stock up now I guess.
  • Super
How would one stock up now unless they purchase several of the new cranes in which case renders the cranes without theres?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Vio
Exactly the point. It is hard to stock up now since no separate connectors are released. As soon as the used condition cranes or individual connectors arrive on Auctions or the shops, it will be the best time to buy. Sooner or later someone will sell many crane cars or connectors in a bulk for a cheap price.
  • Super