YouTube 3D???

8 Replies, 5898 Views

Is this something new for YouTube or has been around for a while? 3D videos? I have never seen a 3D video or Virtual Reality video outside the big Movie Theaters so don't know what these look like. Am I just behind the times? In other words...old?

Can anyone view this in 3D?

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
(06-26-2020, 09:22 AM)Super Wrote: Am I just behind the times? In other words...old?
Can anyone view this in 3D?
You need an Evo 3D phone, or a pair of red/cyan glasses. A fleetingly brief look at YouTube produced a 3D video that's 7 years old.
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
YouTube (and I believe any other video that it could play) in the Nintendo 3DS web browser had a switch to enable 3D using the system's built in 3D support too. If I remember right it supported these side by side 3D videos as well as the same idea but recombining a video split top/bottom instead of right/left. I don't remember seeing many split that way, I think the right/left was more common.

I also seem to remember an "analog" way of viewing left/right split video where you cross your eyes and then defocus them while looking at a point between the two sides, but I think that method worked better with a third version of the video in the middle. I don't really remember, it's probably been since the 3DS was still popular since I have done anything with 3D video
I have a website where I have been writing about and photographing many of the sets and pieces that I find interesting.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DuckGWR's post:
  • Super
Shows you how old I am...I don't have any of those devices including a phone. Must have improved 3D because what I remember if you didn't have 3D glasses on while viewing the pictures had all kinds of colored hues to it and was hard to watch.
next big thing, virtual reality on youtube
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super
I have PSVR and there's a YouTube VR app.If it's recorded in stereo 180 or 360 degrees, then you can watch it as if you were there. Only 4K content looks really good. Didn't think about looking for 3D train videos. Need to give it a try.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bijomaru78's post:
  • Super
What is PSVR...sorry I am old Undecided
PlayStation Virtual Reality, a virtual reality headset to use with a PlayStation 4 instead of a computer
I have a website where I have been writing about and photographing many of the sets and pieces that I find interesting.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DuckGWR's post:
  • Super
Thank you Duck Smile