Zach’s Recent Purchases

7 Replies, 2101 Views

Hey all. I meant to start this thread right when I got my plarail Diesel 10, but I never got around to it.

But I have now, and am starting it off with something that came just an hour ago: My new HiT Toys TrackMaster Donald! He's in pretty good shape, with some minor wear n tear on the stickers. I intend to shorten his tender coupling so there's less of a gap between there.

He runs very well (and very fast), but is very noisy, and I plan to fix that in the future.

A worthwhile purchase, and is a great addition to my collection. Now, if only I could find Douglas for a decent price... or at all

'Till next time! -Zach
[Image: 20220415-141713.jpg]
Hey y'all, it's your man Zak, probably finding ways to modify his toy trains.
[-] The following 3 users Like SplodgeFan13's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, PerkyHydrAan, Super
Looks nice Splo
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • PerkyHydrAan, SplodgeFan13
Hello, everyone. Today's Recent Purchase (yesterday's, actually), is one I've been anticipating. A TrackMaster HiT Toy Co. Douglas!

It took me ages to find one, and I finally have one in my possession. It runs very well and very fast, but is even noisier than Donald. I won't be shortening the tender coupling on him (I reverted it on Donald), because it's already too much of a hassle to do so.

Another great model for my collection. Next up is either Duck or Emily (depends on who I decide to get next)
[Image: 20220504-154458.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes SplodgeFan13's post:
  • Super
Is it the Plarail Douglas that is so hard to get and only came in the Donald & Douglas Snow Plow Set or is it the Donald I am thinking of??
I think the Plarail Douglas only came in that set. It was sold separately almost 7 years after that outside of Japan
[-] The following 1 user Likes SplodgeFan13's post:
  • Super
I didn't know he was also available as an individual purchase but then again, there is a lot I don't know lol Smile
It's been a while, hasn't it? Let's change that, shall we?

Hey there, you! It's your man Zak speaking to you almost 2 years after the last post here. Today, I'd like to show you all my most recent purchase (my first one for this year)...

...Ironworks Bert![Image: 20240318-135217.jpg]

I've only had 'Arry all this time, and now I finally have the gruesome twosome together.

I had to do a bit of repairs to this one (to keep it short, I just swapped his chassis with Dodge's, but kept the half-axles part from Bert's). Hopefully, when I'm actually able to make my own online purchases, I'll swap both his and 'Arry's chassis with a HiT Splodge chassis each.

Regardless, happy to have him.
[-] The following 4 users Like SplodgeFan13's post:
  • Donald9Douglas10Oliver11mp, generic_truck_69420, JustTylerHere, Super
👍👍👍
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Donald9Douglas10Oliver11mp