here are some cutoms i wanted to show

152 Replies, 69157 Views

here are the customs I did 
[Image: 20200706-124601.jpg]trackmaster eagle 

[Image: 20200706-124605.jpg]I added the LMS because originality 

[Image: 20200706-124626.jpg]TM2 Timothy possibly the easiest custom white Thomas 

[Image: 20200706-124742.jpg]Tomy Toby's brother or my interpretation of him where his name is Calvin 

[Image: 20200706-124820.jpg]Tomy express coaches from the early season should be a third one but will make one when I get another Annie or Clarabel 

[Image: 20200706-124908.jpg]I did darts back windows 

[Image: 20200706-125023.jpg]Trackmaster custom gator used TM2 Emily I took out the middle wheel and made it flat its also my version of him has nameplate In the side and the Black64 Railway logo Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Therealblack64YT's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, Super, Tharazero1
I like your imagination Real. Smile
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, Therealblack64YT
even more
[Image: 20200706-130044.jpg] spare parts mostly trackmaster 2 filled with wheels and motors

[Image: 20200706-130706.jpg]old jinty custom from 2015-2016

[Image: 20200707-220122.jpg]Tomy boco restored the board nose and the roof

[Image: 20200707-220312.jpg]old slow coach made from a Clarabell or Annie 

[Image: 20200707-220732.jpg]custom rolling stock red cars and a red rickety salt van

[Image: 20200707-220923.jpg]and new smokebox murdoch Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Therealblack64YT's post:
  • chrisjo, generic_truck_69420, Super
I particularly like your making an Old Slow Coach.
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, Therealblack64YT
[Image: 20200706-124605.jpg]

It took me a while to realise that custom coupling was a spring; I thought it was a wire tie like the way I brought separate tenders closer to the cabs. Your method looks better since I kept the hooks while you found a solution for the lack of another peg. I'd like to see how you attached it.

[Image: 20200706-124820.jpg]

The green looks more like a dark teal and the cream seems more of a yellowish orange. Even just white (like in Season 2) could've been more suitable for them. There's a bit of excess green on the roof of the first coach and the ends should be grey (same shade). Except for the long ones from the Steam Along Thomas, I don't like the use of Annie and Clarabel as Express Coaches because they're too short and don't look sleek enough. If you can't get the real ones or similar coaches, you could use your BoCo as a reference for the shape and length and build them out of cardboard with a truck chassis at each end for bogies (preferrably TrackMaster 2 since they're the shortest). Giving them actual bogies would make them stand out since only the Wooden, Bachmann and Hornby ones have them in merchandise. The only downfall would be that the wheels protrude and may collide with the shells. Optionally, you could've cut some of the windows on one side of each coach to make them wider like in the series. If you'll take the scratch built coach idea, these should be turned into the Old Coaches.

[Image: 20200707-220312.jpg]

Of all the ones you've shown here, I think this one is the best. She's only missing the white/cream around the windows and the brown trim along the clerestory. Like the Express Coaches, she should also be the same length as BoCo. I would've made the face by tracing with hot melt glue and painting, unlike with most official coaches and trucks (including the Plarail OSC). Much better than the paper face on its own, if you can replicate the features accurately. I noticed you have an ERTL Season 5 fire engine, so I can only predict there would be a remake of "Thomas, Percy and Old Slow Coach" (yet another one) with this in it.
[-] The following 3 users Like DalaGStanator's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, Super, Therealblack64YT
I will remake the episode when I have time and will show pictures of how I put the spring to the Eagle custom and old slow coach will have the painted sides but couldn't find good paint to match at some point I will get a darker green a light cream and will do the coaches eagle was made using my old trackmaster 2013 james and wanted couplings so I used a spring that was from a happy meal toy from the Book of life it is also my old james because of the white painted that is seen it was then repainted black
[Image: 20200708-215559.jpg] The picture of the spring I with a hole so I put the spring there and then screw the white the smokebox was from a 2010 percy I will do express coaches using TM2 wheels since I have a load of them I also will post later so yeah
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2020, 09:10 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Therealblack64YT's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, Super
Sorry, but you showed the wrong end. I was referring to the front of the tender where the hook coupling was. I asked because the hook couplings are hinged using slots on the sides and only the eye ones are mounted on pegs (which makes it slightly harder to fit a coupling with a different attachment method). Hope this clears it up.
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2020, 09:01 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes DalaGStanator's post:
  • generic_truck_69420
well it had a truck coupling so I pulled the spring way more back I also have used my old tomy toby to make Calvin toby's before it was a RWS toby aka blue but now its black also it is where theres a big red block to hold the wheels that's where I stretched the spring
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2020, 10:24 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Therealblack64YT's post:
  • generic_truck_69420
Gonna be making a trackmaster Neil using a TM2 parts I also cut the middle wheel so I can make it shorter then make it a box shape and paint it I found this edit I did a few months back 
[Image: express.png] express coaches well this might not be the best idea since they are not the right size so I will not do it and thus I got a HO shed and put it in the docks
[Image: 20200711-004641.jpg]here it is and it can fit any engine so yeah that's what I did I cleaned it since it was dirty it came with a bunch of HO rails a diesel and some trucks very good 
I recently did a sir top ham hatt figure using the TnP or adventures Winston used a better yellow for the middle fixed his hat since it had some marks and fixed my Mr Percival figure I made 2 years ago i used clay for the legs and to reform the hat they look awesome 
[Image: 20200714-155311.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Therealblack64YT's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, Super
I like that HO Shed and great work on Mr Percival and Sir Topham Hatt
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • generic_truck_69420