here are some cutoms i wanted to show

152 Replies, 69263 Views

The easiest and most obvious way to make a motorised Neil that's not scratch built would be to repaint Samson (like GBHtrain's version). Not quite as good as a scratch built one with the right wheelbase (which seems to be what you're going for), but it should still be effective. If he will have the extended funnel, it should end at the same point as Old Slow Coach's clerestory.

As wonderful as that H0 shed looks, it's just a little too small for TOMY despite being able to accommodate rolling stock on track. If not the obvious Hornby or Bachmann, it looks better suited for Take Along or another smaller system. You might want to raise it up by adding flat supports along the bottom.

Seeing the Take 'n Play controllers like this reminded me of what Leo did with STH from the blue car, except he just happened to find a perfectly sized figure and took the legs from it. If not separate legs, there should at least be a seam in the middle so they won't look like blocks. The legs themselves should be thinner at the sides (especially Percival's) and have actual feet, the grey should be lighter and the coats need to be finished off with some more black. Optionally, the arms could've been removed and replaced with new ones to make them poseable if needed.
[-] The following 2 users Like DalaGStanator's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, Therealblack64YT
Most all HO train buildings are too small for Plarail but this shed looks to be an exception. T-Real, does your shed have the makers name or number on it somewhere as I can't seem to find one like it? Is it made of plastic?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
the shed is a Hornby shed that was included in the starter set with western courier the shed looks like this [Image: HORNBY-OO-Gauge-R506-Goods-or-Single-Engine.jpg]that's what the shed looks like 
I could have tried to make the legs look more like legs and thus some day I will do clones of the figures and change it I think I am the first person to do a Mr Percival figure but not to sure I will show my modified Winston yes I could try and do a Neil with Samson so who Knows if I change my mind i will make a new trackmaster Fergus using the pieces
(This post was last modified: 07-15-2020, 09:56 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 3 users Like Therealblack64YT's post:
  • DalaGStanator, generic_truck_69420, Super
I love that shed even more now that I see the other side. Thanks T-Real. Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
its not my picture google image but the other side looks like that here are some
[Image: 20200715-225637.jpg] more pics I took with items got the deagostini sir topham hatt's car adventures wilson was modified using the Mr Percival car wheels 
[Image: 20200715-225820.jpg] The corgi Greendale rocket can fit in tomy/trackmaster track 

[Image: 20200715-225839.jpg]another diesel 10 truck which i got with the sir topham hatt's car and a Chinese dragon Ertl

[Image: 20200715-225912.jpg]another picture of the shed for any one who is asking how big is it my Thomas can fit perfectly

[Image: 20200715-230105.jpg]Here is the shed with a TnP
(This post was last modified: 07-15-2020, 10:37 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 4 users Like Therealblack64YT's post:
  • chrisjo, DalaGStanator, generic_truck_69420, Super
That shed isn’t especially small IMO. I’ve seen some short line engine sheds that made you wonder how they got a locomotive in there. The old, pre-1991 Winchester and Western shed is a great example.
[-] The following 2 users Like Off The Rails's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
the shed is not small nor to big I will say
[-] The following 1 user Likes Therealblack64YT's post:
  • Super
I just bought one that looks to be the same mold but the details are different. Hope its the same size as yours T-Real. I will show it when it comes in.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Therealblack64YT
it could be possible
[-] The following 1 user Likes Therealblack64YT's post:
  • Super
[Image: 20200715-225637.jpg]

Strange how it didn't occur to me the TA/TNP controllers' cars were wider than the other non rail vehicles (let alone how they fit on what I call the "universal toy gauge"). Given they have unique wheels with (what look to be) larger tyres, did you have to cut Winston's mudguards to allow the new wheels to fit? Please show him from the side so we can see how the conversion turned out.

[Image: 20200715-225912.jpg]

[Image: 20200715-230105.jpg]

I knew this would look more proportionate (in scale). Apart from the thin walls, the clearance above a TA/TNP engine seems closer to that of many actual sheds (even in the series). For example, the TV version of Ffarquhar Sheds has that much space above:

[Image: 700?cb=20200108215851]

However, Railway Series illustrations (although not consistent) look more like the image with the TOMY engine, so the entrance height is not necessarily too low:

[Image: 640?cb=20130716155642]
[-] The following 2 users Like DalaGStanator's post:
  • Super, Therealblack64YT