here are some cutoms i wanted to show

153 Replies, 70664 Views

ok so the metal spring is put in the red end were the coupling will stop and then I closed it 
[Image: making.png]so the picture is here
I am not sure what I am looking at here Huh
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Context:

(07-08-2020, 05:15 PM)DalaGStanator Wrote: [Image: 20200706-124605.jpg]

It took me a while to realise that custom coupling was a spring; I thought it was a wire tie like the way I brought separate tenders closer to the cabs. Your method looks better since I kept the hooks while you found a solution for the lack of another peg. I'd like to see how you attached it.

(07-08-2020, 09:03 PM)Therealblack64YT Wrote: eagle was made using my old trackmaster 2013 [2012] james and wanted couplings so I used a spring that was from a happy meal toy from the Book of life it is also my old james because of the white painted that is seen it was then repainted black
[Image: 20200708-215559.jpg] The picture of the spring I with a hole so I put the spring there and then screw the white

(07-09-2020, 08:01 AM)DalaGStanator Wrote: Sorry, but you showed the wrong end. I was referring to the front of the tender where the hook coupling was. I asked because the hook couplings are hinged using slots on the sides and only the eye ones are mounted on pegs (which makes it slightly harder to fit a coupling with a different attachment method). Hope this clears it up.

(07-09-2020, 10:17 AM)Therealblack64YT Wrote: well it had a truck coupling so I pulled the spring way more back. also it is where theres a big red block to hold the wheels that's where I stretched the spring
[-] The following 3 users Like DalaGStanator's post:
  • chrisjo, Super, Therealblack64YT
so now I have finished my custom of my character Alice (oc) I did this I thought the old model was lazy and so I did a new model for her I quite like the newer one more than the old one. Although I took the black wheels from the original except the middle wheel which I painted black so that's interesting the face is from the old model which I will keep as a piece of the past.
[Image: 20210307-122153.jpg]
I also did an Ertl model of her too the wheels came form an old Ertl duck 
[Image: 20210307-122232.jpg]
and here are most of her models in a line (her original ertl I did repainted betaken up Ertl Thomas but wasn't good) 
[Image: 20210307-122219.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Therealblack64YT's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
Love the work T-Real, especially the Ertl one. Its amazing how much the shell looks like a Thomas when stickers and the color are removed. Nice job! Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Therealblack64YT
(03-07-2021, 06:11 PM)Super Wrote: Its amazing how much the shell looks like a Thomas when stickers and the color are removed.

While it is technically correct since they're both LBSC designs (Stepney: A1, Thomas: E2), I'd say it's more similar to Oliver with a better boiler size. Alice V1 was made from a Thomas, though.
[-] The following 2 users Like DalaGStanator's post:
  • Super, Therealblack64YT
[Image: 20210609-160042.jpg]

[Image: 20210609-160052.jpg]
I have made the back face diesel or also know as Levi (owned by jordon08572022 on twitter) I am showing it as today its my birthday and its a surprise its straight forward took my old tomy diesel from 2015 and painted both sides yellow with undercoats to make them look clearer then did stripes glued the back coupling to the front I also glued the face to the back and added a grill on the front where the face would be so hopefully you people enjoy
[-] The following 2 users Like Therealblack64YT's post:
  • GreatGordonFan, Super
[Image: happy-birthday.gif]
Happy Birthday T-Real

Levi looks great T-Real. I like the 'Cab Forward' look for him especially with the large rear cab (now front) real window openings.
Do you reverse the battery or use a Mr Motorman to run him as a Cab Forward too?

[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Therealblack64YT
reverse battery I wish Mr Motorman
[-] The following 1 user Likes Therealblack64YT's post:
  • Super
I would love to see this fellow running on the rails pulling a rake of freight, he is awesome.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Therealblack64YT