Oigawa Railway Line Thomas, Percy and Hiro

9 Replies, 7319 Views

If you ever get a chance to visit Japan, be sure to drop by Oigawa Railway Line.  They have real life size thomas, percy and Hiro (perhaps even more characters).  Based on the photos one of my friends posted, Hiro is the most realistic looking.
[Image: 106550087-10164435343610179-9135181702527482436-o.jpg]
[Image: 107790552-10164435343170179-2415716769788091145-o.jpg]
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super
(07-07-2020, 12:16 PM)leylandvictory2 Wrote: (perhaps even more characters).  

James, Rusty, Bertie.

[Image: image.png]   [Image: image.png]   [Image: image.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
The Ōigawa Railway has had Day Out with Thomas for six years now. In addition to those other three, they also have Winston, Flynn and Bulgy and apparently add a new character once a year. You might remember the merchandise based on the Thomas and James replicas (Plarail, Tomica and Capsule Plarail to name a few).
[-] The following 1 user Likes DalaGStanator's post:
  • Super
& Bulgy https://blueplastictracks.com/showthread.php?tid=4099
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
I always thought the C11-based Thomas was pretty cool.

Probably controversial here but I like it better than the original E2-based Thomas!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • Super
Not at all controversial with me OTR but the other controversy (to me) is that I believe he looks more like the C-12 as the C-11 has smoke defectors and the C-12 does not. Other than that the engines look to be exact.

[Image: 1280px.jpg]

[Image: C12-167.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Off The Rails
The designs are certainly close enough that Tomy has based both engines on the same basic molds. In real life, the C11 is a bit larger and heavier, featuring a larger coal bunker and an extra set of trailing wheels. The C12 is a 2-6-2T while the C11 is a 2-6-4T configuration.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • Super
So this Day Out With Thomas Oigawa is made from a C-11 but with its smoke deflectors removed. I now know and stand corrected. Thanks for the description OTR to straighten out this feeble brain. I will no longer refer to this Thomas as a C-12 as the differences are evident thanks to your pointing it out as I always thought them to be much more alike. Smile
New Oigawa Railway Toby!

Day Out with Thomas 2022! Suzukawa visited Oigawa Railway and the new engine - Toby! Although Toby, as we know, is a steam engine, Oigawa Railway made it in a diesel version (I guess it was more practical that way). But I think it turned out really well (I miss Henrietta, though). 

From 19:15 in the video, some Thomas & Friends merch can also be seen. (I can't see Plarail Oigawa James, just Oigawa Thomas there, but I could be wrong). Among other things, there's "GoGo Toby" and Day Out with Thomas & Toby Spoon & Fork! 😊
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 2 users Like Mister No's post:
  • chrisjo, Super
Thanks Mr No

What I really like about watching Suzukawa'a videos now is watching her kids grow up. Heck Suzukawa wasn't much older than a kid when she first started her channel.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No