I may have gotten something rare...

7 Replies, 4825 Views

So I just made my first purchase on the japanese auctions.

I was just browsing mercari and i found a tired face thomas (1 of 360), the 3RD RAREST THOMAS TRAIN EVER!!!!!
I left it open in my tabs for a couple of days and then i saw another auction on mercari of a gold thomas, silver thomas and tired thomas in a lot together for sale for 1.4 million yen (about $20,000 aud) and then i went back to the tired face thomas auction to see if it had sold (and it hadn't), and for the extremely low price of 1,750 yen, I could not resist, I just had to have it and luckily, all went well and the order was placed.

[Image: Screen-Shot-2020-07-22-at-8-27-36-PM.png]
Unfortunately the train doesn't come with it's box, is a little damaged around the sticker area and doesn't run, but for such the low price for an extremely rare train, i just had to have it.

And here is some photos of the train
[Image: latest?cb=20140220020333]
[Image: 220?cb=20120411033111]

As you might be able to tell I am EXTREMELY happy with my order and hopefully all goes well and reaches my house safely!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tharazero1's post:
  • Super
Way to go Thara and your first auction too? I am not sure I have heard of this Thomas before but I do recall Muddy or Geris talking about a rare red faced Thomas before. One in 360, must have been some kind of contest win. Getting him to run should not be a problem since so many of the parts are interchangeable with even the newer Thomas's.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Tharazero1
Yeah that's what i'm planning to do once I receive it. I don't know too much about it myself, just that there were only 360 of them made. Hopefully Muddy can tell us more about it.
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2020, 11:52 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Tharazero1's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
Yes Thara you do seem to have nose for the rarities, and a great eye!!
It appears that you have found a 2011 PLARAIL special edition of the 3rd rarest Thomas engine ever released...only 360 of those models were ever produced.
Obviously someone didn’t know what they were selling for 1800 yen, but obviously someone knew exactly what they were buying!!!
Great job!!Smile
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • chrisjo, Super, Tharazero1
Hahaha yes it seems as if i do have an eye for rare things. Do you know how this was acquired by someone? Was it similar to the way which the silver thomas was acquired?
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
Hurray Thara, congratulations [Image: clapping-hands-above-head-smiley-emoticon.gif]

Thanks Muddy
Just made my second purchase from japan.
Although this purchase isn't as rare as the one above it still is a rare train and was still pretty cheep for how rare it is.
The trains I purchased are the front hook splatter and dodge
[Image: Screen-Shot-2020-07-24-at-5-20-08-PM.png]
If you don't know this splatter (purple one) was only discovered about three years ago on Jauce and was only found in the Plarail Lady and Diesel 10 chase set which was released in about 2001. Although it might not be in the top 10 rarest thomas trains ever, it still is an extremely rare train. The reason why the dodge isn't equally as rare is because the front hook dodge is also found in the Talk n Action Diesel 10 set. I can't wait to receive this and the tired thomas so I can add it to my steadily growing collection!!!
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
You are on a roll Thara. Smile