Harold at the Heliport Set Box

15 Replies, 9023 Views

Yes (2x AA under the hangar [I never heard the term "quonset hut" until you called it such in my thread]). You posted a video of it in action after I said it made a terrible racket to sound like Harold flying (and you added a link to the HobbySearch listing for the Japanese set).
[-] The following 1 user Likes DalaGStanator's post:
  • Super
Ah...thanks Da-lag. I still find it strange that an engine is not included
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
In keeping with just about any other range, most individual releases of destinations do not include engines (one exception being the Action Destinations from 2011-12). The ones on the boxes are normally there for usage examples, which can be confusing to both children and parents.

[Image: latest?cb=20170815132328]

For instance, the Engine Sheds and Turntable pack clearly showed Gordon, James 'and' Henry despite none of them being in it (neither was Thomas). This particular case irritated me back then since I never saw any of them among the engines that were chosen to be imported. I was seriously delusional enough to believe TOMY would simply provide them with the sheds (exactly what happened to me with Percy). I just happened to get the Flip Face James shortly after it, but this is no thread about marketing decisions.
  • Super
Sure thats true but the Harold set has 2 train wagons included with no engine right?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
(07-27-2020, 09:05 PM)Super Wrote: Sure thats true but the Harold set has 2 train wagons included with no engine right?

Yes I believe that is the case, Circled the part on the box that tells you what is in it.
[Image: image2.png]
There are other cases like the one above,
Sodor Rail Yards shows 4 trains, but comes with none. 

[Image: tomy-tomica-world-thomas-sodor-rail-1-2e...335b03.jpg]
Knapford station also shows 4 trains, but came with none.
[Image: tomy-tomica-world-thomas-knapford-1-5822...0a15b2.jpg]
But the one thing they do all show is a picture in the corner of what is in the box. Except the one DalaGStanator uses above of Tidmouth Sheds.
[-] The following 3 users Like AOF04's post:
  • DalaGStanator, DuckGWR, Super
I should've pointed out how the few other destinations with trucks don't have engines either. Even then, they normally came with specially designed ones with functions for them (Sodor Quarry Loader, Sodor Mountain Mine, Farmer McCall [sic]'s Hay Loader and Echo Cave). Besides the Harold Cargo Delivery, I don't know of others that came with regular trucks.

Regarding the content areas: I failed to recognize them when I started adding destinations, so I went by what I saw in the full box images before opening. I wasn't corrected either until I realised what the insets were for. Surely the same happened to other customers before and after me.
  • Super