Another 60th Anniversary Thomas???

25 Replies, 13608 Views

Yes it does, I searched up on google images this "プラレール トーマス 60" which just translates to Plarail Thomas 60, and I found another photo which proves you're point.

[Image: ESn-MYOU4-AAmmyi.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2020, 12:04 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tharazero1's post:
  • Super
Looks like Thomas may have a different Face too....Muddy....you have one of these or is there a 'game afoot'?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Tharazero1
Yep I'm almost certain that this is a campaign of the lucky draw prize. The word キャンペーン on the box translates to 'campaign.' And i've translated the whole box so the name of it is "60th anniversary campaign thomas the tank engine." Exactly what the wikia says it is!
[-] The following 2 users Like Tharazero1's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
Hmmm, either Muddy already has one or he is busy searching for one to add to his collection. Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Tharazero1
Yes Super...I am searching!
My memory is telling me that I saw many of these come up a few years ago, but I didn’t recognize them for what they were.
I thought that they were single boxes of the metallic Thomas, and I always through that it was weird that Tomy would sell a single replacement engine for their 60th anniversary set.
I guess I should have investigated the box art more carefully.
Darny darn darn!
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Super, Tharazero1
(07-29-2020, 05:58 PM)Muddy Poppins Wrote: Darny darn darn!

[Image: smiley-lol.gif]   [Image: yellow-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • mod thana, Tharazero1
I may have found some clue to the puzzle as to what this is. In the 2005 Plarail Catalogue it has a page that has the flags Thomas on it, the year this train was released.[Image: n331074808.2.jpg]You guys can clearly see that option "C" has this party flags thomas, and above it, the number of trains supposedly to be given away. 50. Only 50 of these Party flag thomas' were released, making it the second rarest thomas train ever! I look daily for this hoping to find it but after finding out only 50 were produced, this task may be no easy feat. If anyone maybe has a better photo of this page in the catalogue maybe we can see exactly what it says about the train.

Edit: https://www.blueplastictracks.com/attach...p?aid=2142
You can also see it in ripley's catalogue collection
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
Fantastic bit of detective work Thara. So of the 3 items only 120 were made and given away. I am curious as to what each prize says and what they are exactly. I can figure out the 20 in option 'A' but what are the numbers 5, 4 & 1 mean?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Tharazero1
I'm not sure, hopefully someone who knows Japanese can help us out with the translation. It also looks like the Plarail Thomas also came bundled with a Tomica Thomas with the same pattern. Maybe they were bundled together as 1 of the 50 prizes?
(This post was last modified: 08-13-2020, 05:54 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tharazero1's post:
  • Super
Thanks to Vio for his wonderful translation
we now know how many Celebration Thomas' were produced:

Prize A: Thomas Highland Passport + 2 Nights Stay In some kind of hotel. (1 pax, 2 days)
Prize B: Thomas Art Panel With Film Coating
Prize C: Original Thomas Product Set? (No idea what they mean.) / Tomica . Plarail Thomas

A total of 120 Carnival Thomas were available on the 60th anniversary.
  • Super, violater