big bucks purchase... not tomy, sorry

5 Replies, 5162 Views

for the last few years, i have been having almost daily battles with my motorbike, the virago 750. a couple of weeks ago, i finally had enough after fighting for 10 minutes to get her started, and then her not wanting to idle long enough for me to put my gloves on. of course, i got caught in hail at highway speeds [100k/65mph]. so, john and i went bike shopping. i saw one i liked in another town, but someone had already put a deposit on it when i made enquries. then, i spotted this at a local shop.

last monday, i finally brought my new ride home. virtually brand new, less than 400k on the clock. a suzuki ls650. 100cc less than the virago, but a lot less weight so that makes up for it.

my old bike, which has been listed on a local auction site. she has bids, so will be going to a new home. its a 14 day auction, so will be interesting to see what happens.

my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 3 users Like sunhuntin's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super, Tharazero1
Its a beauty Sun, I like that color blue with the flat black. I would think it would take a while getting use to the different handlebars. The seats look the same. Will your saddlebags and accessories fit? How long did you have the Virago for and how many miles did you put on it? I can already picture you rolling down the highway on your new bike with a load of collectables strapped to the back of your seat. Big Grin
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
cheers, super.
i will likely look into getting a bracket fitted that will take my saddle bags, as the speedo is on the tank, so cant use my tank bag anymore and will need a bit of luggage spare. will likely see if i can get one to put a box on the back as well, as the pillion seat is useless with nothing to strap stuff to. need to clear some debt first and then look at mods.
yes, the bars have taken some getting used to, as have never ridden anything with straight bars before. but getting comfortable with them now, so thats good.

not sure how much mileage i put on the virago. bought her in 2015 and got her on the road around 2017-ish. still have the 250 at my parents place, so need to decide whats happening with her.
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • Super
Look forward to seeing any updates to the bike Sun. Are you still a Member of the train club?
updates will be slow in coming. have a lot of debt to pay [the bike, a new computer and i bought my parents a new oven], but will get there gradually making the bike how i want it.

not a financial member, and havent been for several years. i do still attend shows when possible, but meetings are out. i live 2 hours north, and meetings are on tuesday and thursday nights.
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • Super
Thats too bad, I know how much you liked and learned being a Member of that great club with a great club house.