Overpass Way Shinkansen Rail Set

20 Replies, 9656 Views

Now I remember that set. I remember it because I saw it as a mish mash of different things, blue track, gray track, rellow risers, gray PC Piers

The gray stop and go rails had to be in several other sets earlier because I have many from the years of me amassing gray rails.

Exciting news, anxious to hear more about what you are working on.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Tharazero1
(08-19-2020, 12:20 AM)Super Wrote: Now I remember that set. I remember it because ...
I remember it because of these weird grey pieces that are completely different on their two sides, front and back...

[Image: Untitled.png]
Ah yes, those are modeled after the much sought after Elevated Rail Station set (not correct name?) which have a similar flip inbound and outbound tracks.  Dr Chris that Elevated Rail Station can be found on the top of page 119 in the Plarail bible.

The ones in this DX set has a different 2 into one 'Y' switch track though and the ones in this set are not meant to be elevated like the sought after station.
Elevated Rail Station set (not correct name?). You mean this: 

[Image: EKQ-7-L5-U0-AEc-DW1.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes violater's post:
  • Super
Yes, thats the elevated station Vio but the one I thought it was had all elevated gray rails wit gray block piers, poles and a big blue bridge released in 2000? What they don'r show on the box front is the other way to flip those inbound and outbound platform rails which has 2 lines entering.
Yes there is:

[Image: n389140243-1.jpg]

They show it behind the box, but I admit it is a confusing rail part.
[-] The following 1 user Likes violater's post:
  • Super
Yes thats the set I was envisioning Vio, Thanks.
  • violater
This set has just come back in stock at hobby search if anyone would like to purchase.
https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10651733
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tharazero1's post:
  • Super
Thanks Thara
  • Tharazero1
I picked up one of these sets too. I was attracted by the grey rail, the grey risers and the red catenary  I got surprised to find that most of the curves are outer curves too. It's not clear looking at the box.

I also wanted to collect more of the single pier risers for elevated rail. I had one previously that they include in the Mega Station set.

Also this set is really quite cheap. I think I paid AUD$36 which is pretty good for such hard to get tracks. I'm thinking of getting another one.

I really, really don't need any more yellow risers - arrrgh! Wink
[-] The following 2 users Like Finno's post:
  • Super, Tharazero1