Odd Station?

11 Replies, 5770 Views

I don't think I have seen a Station Platform like this before, if I did I have forgotten. I am not quite sure if its regular Plarail or Capsule as all the Listing says is 'Long Time Storage'. There are no other photo's of different angles. Sorry if its just Capsule.

Anyone recognize this?

[Image: i-img1198x898-1597735014hmlvcn2816094.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No
Looks a bit to small to be a Plarail Station, I'm pretty sure it's capsule
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tharazero1's post:
  • Super
You may be right Thara but I just browsed the over 4500 Capsule listings on Jauce and I found nothing like it.
  • Tharazero1
Another view. I've got a strong sense of deja-vu about this one.
I've definitely searched for プラレールニュータウン駅 (Plarail New Town Station) before.
[Image: image.png]

Bingo! It isn't Plarail, it's Daiso Super Express (ダイソー スーパーエクスプレス)

[Image: image.png]   [Image: image.png]   [Image: image.png]   [Image: image.png]  

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2020, 10:14 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 3 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • Mister No, Super, Tharazero1
Great piece of detective work Dr Chris. That Station Platform looks pretty good next to the blue track and the graphics are nice too.  Daiso sounds familiar to me now, wasn't it Nigels that had bought a bunch of these trains and accessories?

I haves seen that long Train Shed in the last picture often in the Plarail Listings. In fact I think I have one or had one at some time.

Because of Dr Chris's great detective work, I could use it to search for a couple more photo's These Daiso Super Express trackside accessories look good with Plarail. I see that version of the Long Train Shed with the red roof is one I have not seen before.

[Image: train003.jpg]

[Image: train004.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • chrisjo, Tharazero1
Nowdays Plarail stations are becoming smaller than what is used to be...
[-] The following 2 users Like PlarailTown's post:
  • Mister No, Super
Smaller? That is clearly not true. The white roof station in 1968 still had the similar size as the newer stations or slightly larger. In fact, they are relative to the straight rail we see today and during 1958.
[-] The following 1 user Likes violater's post:
  • Super
I am just guessing but PlarailTown may be referring to these smaller Station Platforms that are coming out in several newer Plarail sets...are these the ones P-Town?

[Image: 10530218a.jpg]
  • violater
I see... The gap in the middle looks like its making the station larger though. Length wise it looks smaller.
Everything is getting smaller in newer sets. Just look at this one (「プラレール 10のレイアウトがつくれる!ベーシックレールセット」2020年8月発売):

[Image: c6b7dd7d2ca2f5394ff6c84748fae3bf-e1593449378385.jpg]
Super small tunnel, tiny crossing, and that new station that is obviously shorther than 1 regular straight rail.

[Image: 88b64054dbe8a0cb56e1221706dcf3c2-e1593449390108.jpg]
If we know that we need at least two normal stations  (J-28 for example) for a whole standard three car train, then we would need at least three of these new shorter stations for that. It would be nice if they are selling them separately, but they don't. Sad
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super