Motor Unit Compatability?

4 Replies, 2852 Views

I am planning to buy this 0 series trainset, but since it doesn't come with a motor unit, I am not sure which other trains have the same model of motor. Can someone tell me which model years should i be looking for?
[Image: plarail0-tomy-takara-tomica-r-1598063813...essive.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes wonge15's post:
  • Super
hard to tell from here.  It may have a 2 speed motor.  all bullet train chassis should be compatible to each other.
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 2 users Like leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super, wonge15
One of our most favorite trains.

If you are looking for an exact match look for a 'C' size battery 2 Speed motor with a chassis that looks like this.

[Image: DSCN0667.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0671.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0675.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • wonge15
The Chassis for my E3 2000 Tsubasa. Seems as if any C-Size battery Shinkansen will have the right chassis to fit the 0 Series. I also like the old drive units that this set has compared to the new ones, the old ones to me seem a bit faster and just appeal to me more.
[Image: IMG-6377.jpg]
[Image: IMG-2195.jpg]

[Image: IMG-3689.jpg]
And btw, the 0 series is my favourite shinkansen, and I particularly like the lengthier middle cars better than the older shorter ones ones that preceded it, like what this set has. This set is also pretty sought after (I'd love to own one) and is basically complete, apart from the viaduct rails, but you can purchase them easily.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tharazero1's post:
  • Super
Thanks Thara
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Tharazero1, wonge15