Ferdinand Question?

11 Replies, 6366 Views

Was Ferdinand only released by Trackmaster or was he also released as a Plarail???
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Only TrackMaster
Two versions
Standard Ferdinand and a muddy version.
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Super, Tharazero1
What is a Muddy version? Something you made?
It's one of the engine variations they did for a special 3 pack, similar to the Skarloey covered in holiday lights
[Image: Track-Master-Fisher-Price-Muddy-Ferdinand.jpg]
Has some "mud" splattered on the engine
I have a website where I have been writing about and photographing many of the sets and pieces that I find interesting.
[-] The following 2 users Like DuckGWR's post:
  • Super, Tharazero1
Muddy Ferdinand is much more often seen on eBay UK than the original 'clean' Ferdinand.

FactCheck: There are currently 8 Ferdinands on there, and all of them are the muddy version
[-] The following 3 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • DalaGStanator, MuddyPoppins, Super
LOL...here I thought Muddy mean't he made a Custom Ferdinand and called him Muddy LOL.  Rolleyes

Thanks all for the information. I was hoping for a version that didn't have those blasted holes in the wheels. Undecided
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Tharazero1
I think most of the Fisher Price and late HiT toys engines had holes in the wheels. It's the way they use to package them, by passing the ties through the wheels.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tharazero1's post:
  • Super
Actually, only Fisher Price did that (and still does even though the packaging changed numerous times). The 2010 (dated 2009) releases were held in differently, so they didn't have the holes until 2011/12.
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2020, 07:22 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 3 users Like DalaGStanator's post:
  • DuckGWR, Super, Tharazero1
Yes, I know why they did it but it was a terrible idea because they look terrible. Furthermore...to this day they still have the holes in the wheels even though they changed the packaging years ago where they no longer use the sticks to hold the train in the packaging. To this day, even TM2 has them....ridiculous. Dodgy
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • DuckGWR, Fred_Pelhay, Tharazero1
Thanks LaG

I see that this one by Ucwepn without the nasty holes is the version I am after. Much better packaging where the clear plastic is molded to the shape of the train. Now the trick is, finding this version.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator