The quasi-annual Christmas/winter layout thread

18 Replies, 7532 Views

Understandable when it comes to limited space, for a while I was using a 2x4 table and its challenging to try and fit so much into a small space. 32x60 is a nice size though! If only there was a Plarail Polar Express!
If it ain't motorized I don't want it!       Cool Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes gordonfan01's post:
  • Off The Rails
Although I find it hard to think of Xmas and winter just yet I do look forward to 'The Diary' episodes. Smile
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Off The Rails
@ gordonfan01: Super created a Polar Express several years ago from a Trackmaster 1 Hiro and some blue Plarail SuHa coaches. I had planned a similar version kitbashed from a Plarail Hiro and a current D51-200 but the lack of Round Tuits have delayed the project! My current plan is to use a C62 to pull the Christmas Train with a D51-200 hauling freight.

@ Super: Yeah, it’s really too early to think about Christmas but my kids and I had found most of the Christmas layout stuff recently and that coincided with my wife and I discussing holiday plans. Normally, I’m not that enthused or proactive when comes to Christmas! Confused
[-] The following 3 users Like Off The Rails's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super, Tharazero1
For absolute realism, nothing can top the Christmas layout from 2017! Big Grin

[Image: 0-E2-D1108-B602-465-D-8-A05-0-AB473-F10-D49.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • Super
[Image: 8-E1-DBCB0-E099-4584-AEFD-24-C43-E019-BC4.jpg]

I was really happy with this consist from the 2019 layout, so it will likely be back this year. It’s the lighted version of C62-2 with SuHa coaches I bought from Super. I will definitely add this to my “What Works” category.
i hope the cat is included in this year's layout lol
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Off The Rails
I really like those pictures of your trains on the fence. Something about the angles and old cedar that just works so well. Whenever you replace that fence, keep the boards and make a train table with them Big Grin
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Off The Rails
(09-05-2020, 11:58 PM)leylandvictory2 Wrote: i hope the cat is included in this year's layout lol

There’s no way to avoid it! Big Grin

I’m thinking of naming a feature on the layout, like a lake or mountain, in her honor. Thunderhead Pass/Lake/Mountain/Valley, etc.
[-] The following 2 users Like Off The Rails's post:
  • Super, TrainMan2001
Theres something about red side rods that makes me excited. I say go with the C62 for sure
[-] The following 2 users Like Tharazero1's post:
  • Off The Rails, Super